• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Any1 got some ideas for this lil 795 of mine?

DlAM0ND

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2011
NC USA,
Just lookin to customize my 795, any ideas?

url]
[/img]

url]
[/img]

Re: Any1 got some ideas for this lil 795 of mine?

Marlins shoot accuraty, but like many inexpensive rimfires rifles it might need some touch up to make them function, and to have the mags fall free when the relase is pushed.
The stock is probably very flexible, I don't know if there are good aftermarket stocks for the 795.
If your project was mine I would bondo some thin strips of marine plywood to the stock add some lenght to the forarm and buttstock and sand it down to beefier profile But then I am un employed and own a can of bondo and table saw!

Joe Bob Outfitters has a couple of items for the marlin 795's. I think they have a trigger and some custom bolt handles.

Sorry for the gay comment. Even an ugly duckling has its own story book. Your barrel is about the best thing going for you. I've had more stock marlin barrels that have shot more consistantly than almost any single maker under 400 bucks.

Find a new trigger... take the buttplate off the stock and pack tight the hollow terd with rubber pellets/shavings... buy 4 extra mags... spend 3 or more hours a week feeling her up. If she doesn't work the way you want her to, use her for plinking around.

If money is an issue, try to find a winchester wildcat target/varmint version bolt gun on gunbroker. 250 Bucks is about right for one. The barrels come off the same line as the old russian olympic biathalon barrels came from. (1990's if that can be considered old) Cheap on fit and finish, high on consistency. Adjustable trigger, comes with three ten round mags and one fiver, and deep target crown. Only reason I'm talking these up is because I'm currently using one as my 300 yard gun. Front bean bag supported im pulling off about a 3.75 inch 3 shot cold bore group at 325 yards. Video proof is available upon request.

The idea of using bondo and wood to mod your stock shape / design is probably the best choice you have for customizing your gun. Two of the main things you'll need are sand paper and time...

Rework your front sight to a globe pin, add a low profile Williams Aperture Sight, get a wood stock from Numrich, and go to shootin'...
smile.gif

100_0639.jpg