• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody dealt with this item/company (moving target)

I was wondering the same thing. Started popping up in ad feeds this week, and it looks interesting..but does it work?

I was wondering the same thing. Started popping up in ad feeds this week, and it looks interesting..but does it work?
The concept is interesting as well as the approach. Very portable. The one down side for a long range shooter is that there is not a feedback mechanism, like you get with steel. Not so bad at 100 yards, but at 500 you don't want to walk back and forth to see if you have hits.
It's real plus is for pistol/and moving target situations. Relatively affordable and I would imagine that some cleaver fellow will come up with an audio or visual feedback device. You can't beat the warranty and money back 60 day trial.

I imagine the easiest solution if you want to shoot a mover at 500 would be to mount a camera system on one side of the cable, and just move it to that side after each pass to check for hits.

The biggest question for me is durability and reliability. Inevitably someone is going to hit the unit or the rope.

For LR shooting, you could put a splatter target for better visibility or maybe a caldwell flash bang to indicate hits. The fb would probably have problems with random oscillations triggering false alerts. Doesn't take much to trigger those things as they are designed for steel, but will work on plastic/cardboard as static targets.
So far as durability, my guess is that is pretty fragile, but for lr shooting you should be zero'ed in for the range and it is then a matter of lead from left to right and vice versa. Wind would be another consideration and that would be the biggest fly in the ointment for a system like this.
The sag in that paracord is something else that could present problems over long distance.

Lots of what if's, but looking at the price of the system and 60 day return, I see more + than -. I would be out the shipping $$. Other systems are $$$$$, but there is nothing like the sound of steel and you won't get that with this system. Speed is variable and that is a big plus over fixed 3mph systems. Prices in the $20k for variable speed systems that I have seen.