• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody else fly rc?

Texasflyer

Koala Gladiator
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2021
    Texas
    With the focus on precision everyone has, i was thinking maybe there were a few other flyers out there... anybody else into this other ridiculously expensive hobby?
    16189363717306764109097466525759.jpg
    16189364202968511445405905260837.jpg
    1618936483743747544496367027247.jpg

Just thought i would share my toys and see if anybody else plays with them before the faa shuts it down for amazon drones to deliver almond milk.

The honda plane is a 4 stroke gasoline powered motor with a spark plug and timing system on it... as a mechanic i just love how tiny the engine is. I mean its a 4 foot wingspan plane but still.... the spark plugs are adorable.

Currently have a Yuneec Q500, Blade Mach 25, Blade nano fpv version. Down to one airplane, which is a Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk. Built a small hovercraft from a crashed out A10 using twin 70mm EDFs. It’s a beater but was fun to tinker with. Have flown mostly foam birds, but the list of casualties is below. All electric now too, cleaner and easier than nitro.
    -T-28
    -Me109(2)
    -Blade 250 series electric chopper
    -Old old old school light machines 400 series chopter
    - multiple micro indoor chapters
    -micro P57 plane
    -micro Cub

Reactions: Texasflyer
    Currently have a Yuneec Q500, Blade Mach 25, Blade nano fpv version. Down to one airplane, which is a Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk. Built a small hovercraft from a crashed out A10 using twin 70mm EDFs. It’s a beater but was fun to tinker with. Have flown mostly foam birds, but the list of casualties is below. All electric now too, cleaner and easier than nitro.
    -T-28
    -Me109(2)
    -Blade 250 series electric chopper
    -Old old old school light machines 400 series chopter
    - multiple micro indoor chapters
    -micro P57 plane
    -micro Cub
    The micro planes are super hard to fly lol. I have some foam, but we flew as kids and it was always nitro. So i gravitate back to my youth. Its kinda a pain keeping up with all the batteries too and i like to swap motors and props lol.
    16189380981463836021530133252451.jpg
    super proud i never toasted this little sbach. Its pre flight gyro stabalization b.s. my list of crashed ones is huge lol.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
    The goldberg kits are awesome by the way. I have a great plains extra 300 and a great plains cherokee 40 stashed away in their boxes still for a rainy day

GO TEAM VENTURE!

RC planes seem like fun but I have too many expensive hobbies and interests to add another one to the list. Someday I might get into Warhammer 40K miniatures and not just the lore, and I'd like to not be TOO destitute when that happens.
    1618938853864535753853432224325.jpg

Go Team Venture indeed lol. Such a badass show. Hope it finishes another season before the woketards go after it. Cant have anything nice.

View attachment 7608529
    Go Team Venture indeed lol. Such a badass show. Hope it finishes another season before the woketards go after it. Cant have anything nice.
    Unfortunately no. Venture Bros was confirmed as cancelled some time ago when Warner Bros acquired Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. But it wasn't Adult Swim's doing, it was WB's and they're trying to get the last season back on track if possible. HBO has been approached as an option for finishing the final season (most or all of it was already written and ready to get started) but so far no guarantees.

Also I'm a little envious of this guy with the 6K Euro 1/5-scale A-10 Warthog. That looks like hella fun.

Micro planes are my favorite, if I had to pick one. The quads are fun as well, mostly be they take so little space to fly around. The Goldberg kit was a gift a bunch of years ago. It is built, but has never flown. It did some taxi tests, but that is it

Unfortunately no. Venture Bros was confirmed as cancelled some time ago when Warner Bros acquired Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. But it wasn't Adult Swim's doing, it was WB's and they're trying to get the last season back on track if possible. HBO has been approached as an option for finishing the final season (most or all of it was already written and ready to get started) but so far no guarantees.

Also I'm a little envious of this guy with the 6K Euro 1/5-scale A-10 Warthog. That looks like hella fun.
    Wonder if all my signed art went up, i have a bunch of unknown hinson signed early prints and archer cast singed stuff too.... may need to cash it in soon...

Here is an onboard flat spin in my foam su 26. Its converted to a predator 4 s motor and will just about snap the wings off at 100 mph with the 3 blade prop.

Wonder if all my signed art went up, i have a bunch of unknown hinson signed early prints and archer cast singed stuff too.... may need to cash it in soon...
    Oh, Hinson got booted off Squidbillies because of A. remarks about BLM and B. remarks about Dolly Parton. Season 13 of the show's still in production but Hinson will not be involved.

As for Archer, season 12 is happening but I think the show's ending soon after that as intended.

Oh, Hinson got booted off Squidbillies because of A. remarks about BLM and B. remarks about Dolly Parton. Season 13 of the show's still in production but Hinson will not be involved.

As for Archer, season 12 is happening but I think the show's ending soon after that as intended.
    16189408052518350247826309811370.jpg

Lol, i sure do like unknown hinson lol. Archer was done for me after season 7 i think. When he was dead in the pool and it almost got cancelled.

I'm getting back in to it. I got a carbon cub so I can relearn how to fly. One of my nephews loves RC and wants to fly, so it's his fault.😁

Currently have an Ultra Stik and a Big Stik, both with engine problems. I've installed new bearings in both and hope that fixes the problem. For various reasons, I haven't flown in four years, so I'm waiting for a calm day. There are few of those here in Laramie, WY.

Also building a Simla from plans and cut parts, although very slowly. The first attempt turned out so badly that I threw it away. This may be a project that is passed to my grandchildren.

Cheers, Richard

Currently have an Ultra Stik and a Big Stik, both with engine problems. I've installed new bearings in both and hope that fixes the problem. For various reasons, I haven't flown in four years, so I'm waiting for a calm day. There are few of those here in Laramie, WY.

Also building a Simla from plans and cut parts, although very slowly. The first attempt turned out so badly that I threw it away. This may be a project that is passed to my grandchildren.

Cheers, Richard
    Big stick is running a .60? What size is on an ultra stick? I cut my teeth on an ugly stick when i was younger :)