• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody else shoot the Biathlon Basic 7-2?

eclipse57

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2010
Grapevine, Tx.
I am looking for extra 5 round magazines if anybody knows where to find some. I have checked at RFC without any luck.

I have one that I have had for about five years. It really likes Wolf M-T and believe it or not, the Federal American Eagle 40 round red box stuff.

It has a hammer forged barrel with the deepest crown I have ever seen on a rifle. Rimfire or otherwise.

I have a Simmons 4X16 power airgun scope on it. I don't consider it a training type rifle with the Fortner action, but it is very acurate and a lot of fun to shoot. It always draws a crowd at the range. I have let several people shoot it and nobody fails to walk away with a grin on their face.

Re: Anybody else shoot the Biathlon Basic 7-2?

I searched Google for: "Biathlon Basic 7-2 5 round magazines" and clicked on an informational link about the rifle and found the manufacturer. So I re-Google'd the manufacturer (Russian American Armory) and got this website:
http://www.raacfirearms.com/accessories.htm

Half way down the page and on the left margin there is a list of "Other Accessories Available" and the very first one listed is a 5-round magazine for the Biathlon 7-2KO (which is the same model as you have btw). No price is listed so I would contact them directly and see what it'll cost you.

On the crown, that's oddly recessed, but I've got it beat with this one pic I stumbbled upon a while ago in my research endeavors
wink.gif
300WSM:

favoriterifle1.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted them in the past and they have not had them. I will admit it has been at least a year and things may have changed.

I agree that crown definitely has my BB beat.

Eclipse,

RAA is non-responsive and no longer imports the Izmash 7-2 biathlon basic or any components either I believe. I just picked one up elsewhere and am waiting to shoot it when it arrives. Heard good reports from all who have one. A guy on the site is working a deal with Izmash to get a run of SV-99 stocks here and I want to drop my 7-2 barreled action into it which will be awesome. He might be able to get some mags in as well? I'll ask him. regards, Dale.

I've posted this here before...but I'm a big fan of the BB's.

IMG_0334.jpg

Very nice camo work on that BB Ishikawa. Did you do it yourself?

I have to admit, I love the uniquness of these guns. Sorry for the failed help though. Good luck finding those mags!

Regards,
-Dylan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bushmaster7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eclipse,

RAA is non-responsive and no longer imports the Izmash 7-2 biathlon basic or any components either I believe. I just picked one up elsewhere and am waiting to shoot it when it arrives. Heard good reports from all who have one. A guy on the site is working a deal with Izmash to get a run of SV-99 stocks here and I want to drop my 7-2 barreled action into it which will be awesome. He might be able to get some mags in as well? I'll ask him. regards, Dale. </div></div>

Thanks for the reply. If you find out that he can get them, I would be interested in a minimum of 5 unless they are astronomically priced, more if they are not. Good luck on the SV-99 stock and please post pictures when you get it.

Ishikawa great looking BB. I really like the camo job.

I believe the deep crown recess is an attempt to build a "bloop tube" integrally with the barrel.

The bloop tube allows iron sights (which are the conventional sights for Biathlon shooting) to be mounted on a longer sight radius while keeping the true bore length to one which is most efficient (16"-18"?) with the .22LR cartridge.

Making it integral with the barrel is a smart move, since it prevents any misalignment/shift between bore axis and front sight mounting axis.

Greg

I was really thinking about buying one of these instead of my CZ-452, I kind of wish I had.

I got one of these rifles a month ago and I love it. Wound up buying 5 of these:

http://www.saigastock.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=132

Only place I've found that has magazines in stock for it; word of warning though, to use those magazines you have to trim some of the polymer off around the magazine well on the polymer lower bit. Took me about 30min with an xacto and sandpaper to get it perfect, I'll post pictures for you if you want.

(Was googling around and ran into this and registered so I could provide you the link to the mags)