• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody ever heard of this company? PICS ADDED...

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
Hey Y'all,
I just picked up a new-to-me rifle and it was built by someone I can't find any information on. The name of the company is: Accra-Liance Sniper Systems. Please excuse the use of the "S" word. Anyway, this rifle seems to really be built well. It's a Remington 700 receiver and a Hart Stainless Match Heavy Barrel. The bolt has a Sako-style extractor. It has a Shilen Trigger, precision ground oversized Shilen Recoil Lug, Chet Brown Stock (Supposedly the same that LAPD SWAT used when the rifle was built in 1993) and all kinds of other fitting and grinding that is explained in the 5 page description that was included. It also came with a Leupold MKIV M1 10X Scope in what appear to be Leupold Tactical Rings, sitting on a 2-piece base that I'll probably replace with a 20 MOA 1-piece. Pics added...
2upg2t5.jpg

2gycdwo.jpg

28tit1.jpg

Thanks in advance!

John

Re: Anybody ever heard of this company? PICS ADDED...

The rings looks like badgers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtv3062</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rings looks like badgers. </div></div>
Could be... I got it like you see it.

Older Mark 4 rings and 2 piece base, both by Leupold.

OK... I shot it. It's a tac driver. I did notice something though. When I trim my brass I trim it to what my calipers read as exactly 2.015". The bolt was a little tight to close on my Small-base Full-length sized brass and after firing it I noticed some shiney areas on the end of my brass. Seems the brass is smashing against the end of the chamber. There's a lengthy description with the paperwork that came with the rifle that describes the chamber as being reamed with a .308 Obermeyr Chamber Reamer "which means the chamber is slightly smaller than a regular .308 chamber"... "This is especially sized to accommodate match grade ammo". I guess that means I need to be a bit more careful when trimming my brass and trim it a little shorter. Can anyone share any wisdom on this?

Lose the SB dies. Trim length is largely moot. I'd be in Lapua brass,Redding FL bushing die and 155 Scenar mode.

The reloads I shot were originally made for my SCAR 17. It was all I had. I'm not sure what "Trim length is largely moot" means. Can you clue me in?

Rest assured neck turning isn't requisite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reloads I shot were originally made for my SCAR 17. It was all I had. I'm not sure what "Trim length is largely moot" means. Can you clue me in? </div></div>

You've botched sizing and think it's your trim length,which it assuredly isn't.

You sure it's not an Obermeyr chamber? If it is it'll be just a touch smaller than standard .308 win chamber specs.

Snugger than typical SAAMI is an issue far separate from a neck turning mandate.

OK... I'll bite. How is it I botched the sizing? The same rounds work perfectly in both my 40X and my SCAR 17s. No tight fit, no shiney lip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You sure it's not an Obermeyr chamber? If it is it'll be just a touch smaller than standard .308 win chamber specs. </div></div>
Actually, it IS an Obermeyr chamber. My iPad "auto-corrected" Obermeyr to Oberheim for some unknown reason! I fixed it. What does that mean as far as reloading goes? Different dies?

If it weren't botched,you'd have zero issue. Try a virgin W/W hull and see where it takes you.

Hint.

Or FGMM or similar.

Hint.

Your hard closing bolt usually means you're not bumping the shoulder back enough. Your chamber might be a 0 where as your others might be a +1 or +2. A 0 chamber is 1.634", a +1 is 1.635" and so on.

Resistance on the bolt,means there's resistance on the bolt and he's got so many loose ends,their determination is impossible. Thus the requisite pitching of the SB brainfart,total control inferred via the bushing FL sizer nod and the reaffirmation of integrity via virgin hulls and Factory Ammo both.

The last goddamned thing to suggest in a brainfart is to start increasing headspace control as a fix.

Hint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voracious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Resistance on the bolt,means there's resistance on the bolt and he's got so many loose ends,their determination is impossible. Thus the requisite pitching of the SB brainfart,total control inferred via the bushing FL sizer nod and the reaffirmation of integrity via virgin hulls and Factory Ammo both.

The last goddamned thing to suggest in a brainfart is to start increasing headspace control as a fix.

Hint. </div></div>
You know what?... Ass Clown! You've just about gotten on my last nerve. every post I've read by you is some kind of smart-ass condescending remark toward people who are just trying to solve a problem. Do us all a favor and check the attitude at the door. I'm done with you. Your information is useless. Go peddle your crap on ARFCOM!
I'm sure I speak for the guy with the .223 40X too.

End of rant... Have a nice day
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voracious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Resistance on the bolt,means there's resistance on the bolt and he's got so many loose ends,their determination is impossible. Thus the requisite pitching of the SB brainfart,total control inferred via the bushing FL sizer nod and the reaffirmation of integrity via virgin hulls and Factory Ammo both.

Hint. </div></div>
You know what?... Ass Clown! You've just about gotten on my last nerve. every post I've read by you is some kind of smart-ass condescending remark toward people who are just trying to solve a problem. Do us all a favor and check the attitude at the door. I'm done with you. Your information is useless. Go peddle your crap on ARFCOM!

smile.gif
</div></div>

I KNEW "what" one your first sorry Post and you've only added to the humor.

You go girl!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

what about the guy who wants to build a 16" bolt gun? i have feelings too!

anyway, nice rifle and i have a rifle with an Obermeyr chamber. shoots very well with FGMM. i haven't gotten around to reloading any of the brass yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voracious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voracious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Resistance on the bolt,means there's resistance on the bolt and he's got so many loose ends,their determination is impossible. Thus the requisite pitching of the SB brainfart,total control inferred via the bushing FL sizer nod and the reaffirmation of integrity via virgin hulls and Factory Ammo both.

Hint. </div></div>

smile.gif
</div></div>

I KNEW "what" one your first sorry Post and you've only added to the humor.

You go girl! </div></div>
Huh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

what about the guy who wants to build a 16" bolt gun? i have feelings too!

anyway, nice rifle and i have a rifle with an Obermeyr chamber. shoots very well with FGMM. i haven't gotten around to reloading any of the brass yet. </div></div>
Thanks Man...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voracious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Resistance on the bolt,means there's resistance on the bolt and he's got so many loose ends,their determination is impossible. Thus the requisite pitching of the SB brainfart,total control inferred via the bushing FL sizer nod and the reaffirmation of integrity via virgin hulls and Factory Ammo both.

Hint. </div></div>

I don't know where you read that I suggested he change the headspace. Just saying what you stated, sizing difference but I added the possibility of chamber differences. You do know that reading is fundamental, but comprehension might be tough for some.

OneShot, I never saw a rifle with a No Neck Turning chamber close hard on a small base resized brass. But I have not much experience with tight chambers, just a few.

Anyway, if you suspect of the brass lenght, the easy part is to trim it a little more (0,010 for example) and see if the bolt still has some resistence to close. If not, then it may be the brass lenght. If not, move to another possibility.

Next, pick up some new brass, resize it and check chamber fit. May be even the Small Base die is not resizing enough of your brass (it is not commom, but I saw it before). Make sure you adjust it so the shell holder is more than forced against the die. I think the term is cam over, so there is no gap or play of the shell holder.

May be it is a good idea to make a Cerrosafe chamber of your rifle chamber. This way you possibly will get some accurate measurements from it and identify the problem.

By the way, very nice rifle!

Another way you could confirm maximum allowable case length is to purchase a chamber length gauge from Sinclair. I am thinking of the leaded steel inserts that fit in the casemouth of an over-trimmed case and measure case length at the mouth of the fired case.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/pid=32925/Product/Sinclair_Chamber_Length_Gage

Easy to use, I have them for all my calibers.

I have to wonder if Voracious isn't Nobody, back again under a different name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to wonder if Voracious isn't Nobody, back again under a different name. </div></div>

Scope bite with a side order of rifle tossing?

I'm sure you are aware but I thought I'd throw my .02 cents in. How many times have the rounds you were having a hard time closing the bolt with been reloaded. When you fire brass and resize, the case neck gets thicker. So, if the brass has been loaded 4 or 5 times and you have a super tight match chamber it may be that the OD of the case neck is to much. Turning it would fix it but I would discard. I've seen chambers that are so tight that Lapua brass will not fit in them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to wonder if Voracious isn't Nobody, back again under a different name. </div></div>
Funny! I posed the very same question on the thread about the 40X in .223.