• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody got the new Sig Cross PRS? Let’s hear about them.

Doorgunner68

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2023
Missouri
I have the Sig Cross PRS in .308 This thing is a hog! Love the rifle, but I need to start working on my biceps. Weird it look’s pretty much like the lightweight regular cross, but at about 21 pounds rigged out.

Attachments

• IMG_3885.jpeg
    IMG_3885.jpeg
    591.6 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: Curtidor
I have the og sig cross.. kinda pissed about the metric tenon threads for barrels.. I love the rifle, id like to know how yours shoots. Mine shoots well but it has some wonky harmonics and poi changes drastically working up a load or useing other ammunition. Taken 3 couse deer with it.

I have the og sig cross.. kinda pissed about the metric tenon threads for barrels.. I love the rifle, id like to know how yours shoots. Mine shoots well but it has some wonky harmonics and poi changes drastically working up a load or useing other ammunition. Taken 3 couse deer with it.
Can you elaborate on the "metric tenon threads?"

I have been having some POI inconsistencies as well. I thought it was just me being a newer long range shooter. Been seeing same topic come up for the prs .308 on some other Facebook sig owners threads. Some been saying the groupings improved when they got below 150gr on the loads. Been working a lot lately and haven’t had a chance to try different loads. I had been shooting 168gr .

Can you elaborate on the "metric tenon threads?"
I don’t completely understand what you exactly mean about metric tenon threads on the barrel, but mine still showed a little bit of threads after I screwed on the area 419 hellfire muzzle brake. I checked with sig and area 419 and the problem is more cosmetic than anything. Apparently if you purchase a sig muzzle brake it will hide that last thread or so. I don’t even notice it anymore. FYI, the hellfire brake is phenomenal!

I don’t completely understand what you exactly mean about metric tenon threads on the barrel, but mine still showed a little bit of threads after I screwed on the area 419 hellfire muzzle brake. I checked with sig and area 419 and the problem is more cosmetic than anything. Apparently if you purchase a sig muzzle brake it will hide that last thread or so. I don’t even notice it anymore. FYI, the hellfire brake is phenomenal!
The tenon is the end of the barrel that screws into the action, not the muzzle.

Reactions: Taylorbok
I have been having some POI inconsistencies as well. I thought it was just me being a newer long range shooter. Been seeing same topic come up for the prs .308 on some other Facebook sig owners threads. Some been saying the groupings improved when they got below 150gr on the loads. Been working a lot lately and haven’t had a chance to try different loads. I had been shooting 168gr .
I had a 6.5 and shot everything from 130s to 147s to see what happened. Kicker is even a 3/10th grain change in a load would drastically shift poi.. over .8 mils shift in random directions. I spun up a new barrel in 22 creed and now the poi is the same thruout load development like most of my precision rifles are.

This is with muzzle end cap. I put a muzzle brake and shooting 1/2”. Haven’t tried it with a can yet.
IMG_4006.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4270.jpeg
    IMG_4270.jpeg
    469.3 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: tucaz