• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody got the true bc for 178 ELD-M ?

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
Picked up a couple hundred of Hornady 178 ELD Ms and was wondering if the G1 of .547 was accurate ? Like the 178 amax is listed at .495 but Litz has it around .470. Is the ELD bc off like the amax ? Thank you.

It's going to be a little bit different in every barrel. I'd take the manufacturers BC to start with and true it up from there.

It’s a radar derived BC, so it is accurate, but at 2.25 Mach. If you’re shooting a .308, you probably won’t see that number. The intermediate (Mach 2.0) number is .527, and will probably be closer to what you’ll see.

Last edited:
All I was able to take it out to was 426 yards. I ran 43.8 varget and Lapua brass with CCI br2 at 2742 fps. I ran the numbers and I came up with a G1 of .530. I know I need to shoot out to at least 800 yards or so to confirm but this program has been pretty dead on so far.

Reactions: noisewaterphd