• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anybody have an armalite AR 10 in 6.5 creedmoor ?

sparky702

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 12, 2020
Missouri
I am looking for thought's and experience on the armalite AR10 6.5 creedmoor . I am looking at the 20 inch competition model .

Reactions: simonp
Tagged for interest, I’ve a armalite lower and be nice to be able to add the upper in 6.5

i had compass lake take my armalite ar10T in 308 and rebarreled it with a krieger in 260 if that helps you at all.

Reactions: simonp
I have a AR 10T (B) that came factory with 24" Krieger. Far from factory at this point. Due to an anomaly with the original barrel I'm in the process of changing things up caliber wise. 6.5 cm is one of the options on the list along with 7-08 and 7 saum. I can speak for the gun itself, but not specifically 6.5cm variant. Yet anyway...

I have a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 CM and it is built on an AR 15 frame. A friend built an RPR with a Bartlien barrel, PTG bolt head, etc and it still won't shoot with my stock model.

I have a AR 10T (B) that came factory with 24" Krieger. Far from factory at this point. Due to an anomaly with the original barrel I'm in the process of changing things up caliber wise. 6.5 cm is one of the options on the list along with 7-08 and 7 saum. I can speak for the gun itself, but not specifically 6.5cm variant. Yet anyway...
Well I already own and shoot a 6.5 creed bolt gun plus I have plenty of powder , bullet's and brass and primer's .so I wanted a gas gun . I was browsing PSA daily deal's and they had an armalite AR 10A tactical , 22 inch barrel for 1300.00 So I bit the bullet and ordered it .
IMG_4768.jpeg

its a cantilever vortex scope mount for 30 mm scope tube's .
Sparky702

How do you like your 6.5 Armalite AR10 I originally was getting that rifle because my 556 in the Armalite has done very well. But I ended up getting the 6.5 LWRC REPR Elite instead I paid a good price versus yours and yes mine is a tack driver as I would expect the Armalite is as well. I just always wondered on the accuracy side at distance. Like I said my 556 is excellent and was set on another Armalite and then I started looking at all the reviews I like the fact that both of these come setup ready for what you need so no wasting time and money rebuilding but still two of yours to one of mine $$ wise. I really do like my REPR but it comes at a crazy price.
my 6.5 loves N555 powder, Lapua SP brass and the Berger 130 AR Tactical bullets. I’ve only had it out to 700 yards but very happy where its holding groups at that distance.

Cheers
Screenshot_20230524_153418_Gallery.jpeg

Reactions: P47rr
Sparky702

How do you like your 6.5 Armalite AR10 I originally was getting that rifle because my 556 in the Armalite has done very well. But I ended up getting the 6.5 LWRC REPR Elite instead I paid a good price versus yours and yes mine is a tack driver as I would expect the Armalite is as well. I just always wondered on the accuracy side at distance. Like I said my 556 is excellent and was set on another Armalite and then I started looking at all the reviews I like the fact that both of these come setup ready for what you need so no wasting time and money rebuilding but still two of yours to one of mine $$ wise. I really do like my REPR but it comes at a crazy price.
my 6.5 loves N555 powder, Lapua SP brass and the Berger 130 AR Tactical bullets. I’ve only had it out to 700 yards but very happy where its holding groups at that distance.

CheersView attachment 8308048
Well I cant really speak about the rifle yet as far as shooting it goes .Between traveling for the holiday's hauling feed for My poultry ,making repair's to things around the barn yard and attempting late season deer hunting ,The rifle is setting in the safe . Everything appears to be in order I just need to give it a good cleaning and lube and shoot it . I did spend some time adjusting the stock and then crawling around on the floor looking for a small bolt that hold's on the cheek riser . After about 30 minutes I picked up my flash light which has a magnet on the bottom and the bolt was stuck to the flash light lol .