• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody have Info on this?

Jon Lester

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2004
Tazewell . Virginia
Long Range Operators Challenge - Soldier Systems Daily

The upcoming Long Range Operators Challenge is Sniper Sustained Training conducted within a multi-stage invitational team event, planned, directed, and conducted by former Army and Marine Corps snipers. Participants will consist of Active Duty Military, Federal Law Enforcement Officers, Retired Military, and civilian long range shooters divided into teams of 1 shooter and 1 spotter, with coaches allowed but not required. The target distances will range from 1 meter to 2000+ meters, and the event will include rifle and pistol, foot movement, and varied terrain. The competition is “bring what you want to shoot” for a long rifle, with magnum calibers allowed, even multiple rifles. However, all weapons, equipment, and ammunition used in the match must be carried throughout.
The LROC is being conducted near Colville, Washington, March 7-9, and will take place regardless of weather conditions.
lroc.squarespace.com/

Hello everyone, don't spend too much time here. Way too busy with shot around the corner. I would like to send out some more invites. I have been replying to people who contact me via the website. I will have the website set up for entry during shot...What would you like to know about the Challenge? A mix of paper for pistol and close targets with steel at distances. The LROC is a long day plus, Friday is check zero day and meet and greet. Saturday is the comp with a break and then a night shoot. Sunday will have a couple of stages with a final stage around 1;30 or 2pm Awards and hit the road by 4pm. Points are based on hits and misses. There will be extra for speed during a stage and some movements that everyone does together. If your rifle doesn't 2KM it's not a killer for the challenge. You could shoot it with a .308 and do very well. I will have a packing list and everything out this weekend. You will be able to use everything you can think of...OneSHot, GPS Ballistic Calc's Etc...until a few stages when anything with a on/off switch can't be used. And guys who like to "scan" with your LRF bino's they don't work behind glass too well. IF anyone has questions let me know so I can answer them quickly here. Thanks for the looks have some great sponsors coming out to help with the LROC. Leupold will be there with their ProStaff, Glock, Cadex Defense, Magpul, Adam from 1MOA, Adams Industries, Goal Zero, Cascade designs, B.E Meyers and more.

How physical?
enough that you will sleep well at night. But not so much that you couldn't do it if your used to walking around in the woods all day. There will be down time between stages when you can rest. Some events will be timed for results, some movements will be timed. But you can't win on the fact you can walk fast. You have to be able to shoot to win this challenge.

enough that you will sleep well at night. But not so much that you couldn't do it if your used to walking around in the woods all day. There will be down time between stages when you can rest. Some events will be timed for results, some movements will be timed. But you can't win on the fact you can walk fast. You have to be able to shoot to win this challenge.

But we would be living 'normal' at night, not eating stuff that would make a billy goat puke? :)

Suggested pistol/rifle round count?

The Web site has updated info it appears. The credentials of the organizers are second to none. Should be fun.