• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody here into Rat Rods?

Re: Anybody here into Rat Rods?

As a car guy, & a retired mechanic, that is one thing that has come about that I just don't understand. Not knocking anyone's ride. I just don't get purposely building one that looks unfinished.

I'm not really much into that type of thing,,, but I'm sure it'll be GREAT, FOR YOU!!!!!

smile.gif

BTW, Rat Rod's can be incredibly cool. I used to not get it, but being in Austin when the lone-star round up comes through, man, I've just seen the power of creativity and limited budget. Other car shows are money spending contests, this is art.

Sorry.. but it just is. Check out this 48 Wylis JP!
599425_10150899827294597_225737548_n.jpg

This doesn't really fall into the catagory of what i would call rat rod but it is very, very sweet.
smile.gif

Cool i lot of poeple in my area, South Louisiana are onto the rat rides right now i see some nice ones with lots of ingenuity into them.They actually have a ride and a burnout contest for them every year now in my area its getting to be a big thing.

GlockandRoll I disagree with you! I am doing a 29 model A tudor and dont have a ton of money into it at all! I am going with a traditional style not a ratrod and yes I am doing it myself. I have built my own chassis and I skower for parts not much of what I have is from a catalog. I think it is great that you and your son are doing a rod and ultimately its your choice of what you like but to me I dont like rust holes or tractor grills on rods I think the most I have spent so far is $700 and that is for wheels and tires. I think it is How you spend the money not HOW MUCH you spend.

To each his own.. I dig the creativity of them all. I'm mostly into pro-touring muscle, but the only thing I have to show for it right now is a 500hp methanol addled 87 turbo Buick with a stereo system that is completely invisible and sounds like front-row at a rock concert going 100 with the tops off.
smile.gif