• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Anybody here live in Townsend, TN or been there?

BKSSNIPER

Minuteman
May 8, 2005
Arkansas
Im leaving for a vacation to Townsend, TN on Friday and we will be staying 100 ft from the Little River. I'm trying to read the fishing regulations for that area and cant figure out:
1) If that part of the river is in the GSMNP or not?

2) I have a 7 yoa and the way that I read is out of the park boundaries he can fish with powerbait, etc. but inside the park it has to be a flyrod or single hook lures.

3) Also will we need waders to wade this river in August?

Re: Anybody here live in Townsend, TN or been there?

I've been to Townsend several times but have never fished there. Sorry I cant be of any help but it is a beautiful place to visit. Dont forget to check out Cades Cove.

Appreciate the reply. Cades Cove is probably gonna be a daily trip during the week.

Take binos for sure, very good chance of seeing bear. Whitetails are plentiful. Can't help with the fishing regs. A call to Tennesse game and Fish might help with that though.

Eddie

Been there several times, really beautiful place. Cades Cove is only a few miles away! Don't know much about the fishing regs other than a Tennessee or North Carolina fishing license will work! Enjoy!

just came back from there about 4 hrs away..every minute worth the trip...we saw eleven bears and one of the largest big rack bucks i have ever seen in the wild

I live about an hour away from Townsend. The best bet is ask a local where you're staying. Most of the regulations are available online. Here's a good place to start.

Was out there this summer. Cades Cove was pretty cool. Lots of people the day we went. Traffic really backs up when the bears are out. lol Nice country though. Enjoy.