• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody in NC willing to reload for a brotha?

Pusher591

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 18, 2009
    Gaston County
    Once I get my rifle built I was wanting someone to help me work a load for my gun. I will pay for brass,bullets,powder exc. I will also pay for labor. I do not have the know how or stuff to do it myself. Would be nice if I was able to come to someones range sometime, work up a couple loads and then have them load a couple hundred rounds for me. Like I said I WILL pay labor cost.

Re: Anybody in NC willing to reload for a brotha?

To be honest........it would be better for you to save up the funds, buy the equipment and then find someone in your area to show you the ropes. Most people will not be willing to do this for you because of liability reasons. Unless you find someone with insurance just for manufacturing ammunition, your probably not going to have any luck.

The investment will be well worth it in the end.

It's not rocket science, and I've found reloading to be quite relaxing. Nobody showed me how to do it; I just cruised the forum to figure it out, then tried a couple of different loads until I found one that my rifle likes.

Reloading broken down Barney style, starting with fired brass --
    1. Size/deprime
    2. Prime
    3. Measure powder charge
    4. Put measured powder charge into case
    5. Place charged case into press
    6. Seat bullet
    7. Create fired brass and go to step 1

Look at the midwayusa or natchez sites...there's a reloading starter kit that will have everything that you'll need to start. It's not cheap, but it's definitely worth it if you're in it for the long run.

Unless someone holds an 06 license (I think ChadTRG does) then it's illegal for them to take money for the labor.

The standing offer that I have with people near me (Philadelphia PA) is that if they buy the equipment I'll spend an evening helping to teach the reloading basics.

I think most guys on here will do the same thing to offer help. Especially if there's pizza and beer offered up as "payment" while they're helping.

I will help, if you want to cruise over to Hendersonville. I also have a private 100 yd. "range" on site to do quick checks, etc.

I'll be down at the Gastonia shoot in the beginning of Sept. Be glad to talk to you about the process and get you on the right track.

Cheers,

Doc

Thanks guys for all the replies. I will get up with you at the Gastonia range for the sniper conf. A bunch of my buddies are shooting in it and I live like 5 minutes from that range now. Once I get my rifle I will get the stuff to do it myself but with a new house, new rifle, and my girlfriend wanting a ring, I don't see any reloading equipment in the near future. I would definitely make the drive to Hendersonville because I go to the Justice Acadmey a good bit. If I order me a rifle it may be a bit before getting started because GA is about 10 months out but If I order a Crusader than hopely will have it in a couple weeks. Thanks to all.

Hey doc76251 erase some of those private messages, I can't get through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k9222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey doc76251 erase some of those private messages, I can't get through. </div></div>

Fixed it, Thanks. I'll be in the vendor section with a bunch of USO scopes
    laugh.gif

Cheers,

Doc