• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody in Tennessee?

FourT6and2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
What's the long-range shooting situation like there? Some friends tell me Chatanooga is a cool city. Great for outdoorsy stuff (I rock climb and went rafting on the Ocoee River a few years ago). And there are some job opportunities there for my line of work. Currently live in San Francisco and thinking it's time for a move. Seems like Tennesee ticks a lot of my boxes...

Oak Ridge Sportsmens Association in East Tennessee. 1000 yard range, a dozen action bays for 3Gun, IDPA, USPSA, Steel Challenge, Cowboy. Skeet, Trap, Archery, Smallbore. I'm sure I'm leaving things out.

Lots of climbing and whitewater in East Tennessee. Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Big South Fork National Scenic River. Obed National River and Recreation Area (great climbing).

Plenty of hunting and fishing on many lakes. Great gun laws! Really, some of the best around.

Cons: Not great for skiing, snowboarding, ice fishing, snowmobiling.

I'll second Oak Ridge. Just don't drink the water...It's turning the frogs gay.

Looks cool. I must admit as a life long resident of East Tennessee, it's the first time I've heard of it. I guess I need to get out more:). See, there is so much to do in East Tennessee I cannot do it all!

Looks cool. I must admit as a life long resident of East Tennessee, it's the first time I've heard of it. I guess I need to get out more:). See, there is so much to do in East Tennessee I cannot do it all!

Ha! All I did was go to Google Maps and type in shooting range lol

The area seems cool. I need to get out there and go rock climbing for a few days and scope out Chattanooga. I'm just getting so sick of California...