• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anybody know anything about Vector Optics scopes??

benfrench

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2011
Montana
I just built a .338 ultra mag and i need a scope that will match up to it. The only problem is, I don't have a whole lot of dough to spend on one.

I got to looking around and I saw vector Optics has a 6-25x56 FFP scope called the counterpunch, but they are only asking $230.00 for it. My brother has one on his .408 cheytac but he has not shot it enough to know anything about it. Has anyone had any experience with this brand of optics??

Re: Anybody know anything about Vector Optics scopes??

thanks gstaylorg. some good reviews on there. any other suggestions on decent scopes that wont cost me an arm and a leg?

I just built a .338 ultra mag and i need a scope that will match up to it. The only problem is, I don't have a whole lot of dough to spend on one.

I got to looking around and I saw vector Optics has a 6-25x56 FFP scope called the counterpunch, but they are only asking $230.00 for it. My brother has one on his .408 cheytac but he has not shot it enough to know anything about it. Has anyone had any experience with this brand of optics??
I would stay with the lifetime warranty models including Taurus and Continental. I have both in 5-30x56. I just received a new 5-25x55 34mm Brownells MPO today, and compared it to the Vector Optics Continental The turrets on the MPO are VERY crisp compared to the Vector, but my eyes cannot really tell any difference in glass quality. Also, the parallax and zoom on the Vector are much smoother, and you can turn then with two fingers. The MPO is tight, and needs a lot more pressure to turn. The ocular lens measured on the outside of the Brownells MPO is 39.6mm, amd the Vector Continental is 43mm. Even though the MPO is 34mm, and the Vector is 30mm tube, the Vector has a much larger sight picture, and larger eye box. The eye relief is also about a half inch longer(4 inches) on the vector to the MPO. I like the reticle on the MPO better though, as its FFP vs SFP of the Vector. Illumination on either scope in daylight sucks, but light gathering at night in both scopes is great.

The FFP reticle design on the MPO kicks ass at low magnification, and works perfectly by not obscuring the target at high magnification. Both scopes have a floating center dot which I like, but the MPO is smaller and crisper.

I think Ilya is right about the MPO hash marks on the MPO not being as good as dots like the Vector has.

The vector cost me $400 on black friday. The MPO cost me $1000. Not sure if the turret difference is worth $600..

Re: Anybody know anything about Vector Optics scopes??

thanks gstaylorg. some good reviews on there. any other suggestions on decent scopes that wont cost me an arm and a leg?
Here are some comparison pics.
This is the Vector Continental at 5x:
vector5xsmall.jpg

Thisnis the Brownells MPO at 5x:
MPO5xsmall.jpg

This is the Vector at 16x:
vector16xsmall.jpg

This is the MPO at 16x:
MPO16xsmall.jpg

Since the Vector Continental is a 30x, and the MPO is only 24x, I am only showing up to 16x. You can see in the 5x pic how the Vector provides a larger image size.
The pics do not do justice to either scope, as the glass is amazing in both. I think I like the Vector a bit better though, as its much easier to get a good sight line without having to be directly behind the scope like looking through a straw.

The Vector definitely can hang with scopes 3x its cost from a glass perspective. I have the Continental on my Savage 338LM, and so far its perfect. 1/2 inch grpups proves the parallax works well. I have the Vector Taurus on my Savage 6.5 Creedmoor, and thus far the FFP and glass on that scope is also working great out to 200( I live on Long Island, so thats about as far as you can go here without driving to PA).

The Brownells MPO was purchased for my new Proof Research 308 build, as I wanted something of very high quality( assuming you get what you pay for), but now that I have compared the MPO against the Continental, I may just wait for the new 34mm tube FFP Continental which I am told will be introduced at shot show in two weeks. I could probably get 2 for the price of the MPO alone.

That being said, the Brownells warranty and return policy is best in class, and the turrets on the MPO are amazing. Best turrets I have tried so far when compared to Primary Arms, Athlon, SightMark, Vector Optics, Zeiss, swarovski, Bushnell, and some chinese CVlife scopes I have.

My wish for the perfect scope would be a Primary Arms reticle using the body and turrets from the Brownells MPO and the glass from Vector Optics.

I'm curious. :)

Which did the OP go with and how did it hold up? 8 years would be a pretty good run for a sub $300 scope.

I've never really looked into them, so I went to the Vector site, sorted by 'highest price' and this was the riflescope description:

"Vector Optics Continental 5-30x56 Tactical Rifle Scope German Optics System HD Glass Lapua Ammo Riflescope (Top Brand Line)"

I think I'll pass...

I've never really looked into them, so I went to the Vector site, sorted by 'highest price' and this was the riflescope description:

"Vector Optics Continental 5-30x56 Tactical Rifle Scope German Optics System HD Glass Lapua Ammo Riflescope (Top Brand Line)"

I think I'll pass...
I have one. Its a really nice scope.

I think I'll pass...
I thought the same thing until I bought one. Its really nice for the money. I think the word is Value. Why pay up to thousands extra for a brand name if a lesser known company is trying to be disruptive by providing a quality product that is inexpensive?

Obviously, if I was going to war or the SHTF, and the scope was for defense and lives were at stake, damn straight I will be using something tried and battle tested, but for PRS, F class competition or trying to get tight groups on paper, I would rather spend the money on ammo and training.

It may just be me, but I actually like those CVlife 24x scopes for range practice. You can see all your hits at 100, and they just work for $30 bucks. If the scope tracks true, you can see the target well, and it holds zero, why not?

Every time one of the guys at the range who are using $2500+ optics checks out my Continental on my 338LM, they ask how much, amd when I tell them $400 bucks at discount, they look shocked. The glass is that good. (See above pics in this thread how it compares to a $1000 scope)

Reactions: beretta_man11
Uh, to share my experiences so others may be able to benefit.....i thought thats what the forum was about. Why, do you mind? Since I'm new here, I didn't want to start a new thread.
It’s just that you’ve been not-so-subtly pushing Vector Optics all over people’s threads for the last week or two. It makes you look like you have an agenda.

It’s just that you’ve been not-so-subtly pushing Vector Optics all over people’s threads for the last week or two. It makes you look like you have an agenda.
Yeah, I thought folks would feel that way. Nope, dont work for them at all. I was just very impressed with the quality of the glass at their price point, so I decided to share my experience. I have been researching for quite some time now for good scopes with good value, but I dont have the budget for TACT or Theta, or Vortex Razor., So I took a shot at that unknown brand of Vector based on a YouTube of some EU guy (Zzzit) reviewing it, and was surprised at how clear the glass was for such a cheap scope. ( I bought the Taurus FFP 30x first before buying the Continental)

So I opened a chat with their support folks, and they told me the use Schott glass in their scopes. I was going to call BS on that, but I kinda believe it mased on my comparisons to date. I bought and returned a PA GLX with Athena reticle, a SightMark Pinnacle, an Athlon Midas TAC, and this week a Brownells MPO. They were all great scopes, but one was $1700, another $1000, one $890, and the GLX was only $589 on black friday, but I still could not justify the cost vs the Vector, which the glass and mechanics was either similar or better than the others at only $400.

That is why I have been commenting all over, as I am looking to see if others have a similar experience, but there is not much out there on these guys.