• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody know of Armageddon-Arms in Laguna Hills CA

jsthntn247

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Mississippi
I ordered a Sig Kilo300bdx from them. Money cleared the account but they won’t email me back and have no number listed. Facebook page isn’t active and the number on the Facebook page is no longer in service. I thought I was ordering from a different Armageddon arms located in Washington State.
F608ED01-4D85-4FD5-ADC3-A82DBC58D8B4.png
24EB6588-0AF8-4F6F-9031-38F3B781A159.png

How long has it been since the money cleared? You may want to review the chargeback rules for your CC company...

At least two others are having this issue as well, posted on the item thread here, and more from the reviews on their facebook page. No response, no phone #, address appears to just be an office building. Instagram and Facebook accounts are basically empty.

Sounds like their FTB is listed as revoked in CA which from what I understand means the business can't even legally conduct business.

I'd say it's time to contact your CC company and dispute the charge.

Hi,

1607208228254.png

So it appears he is acting as his own registered agent with his home address as the address on record. THIS is the legal person and address to send all certified documents to.

Also contact State of California Comptroller office and notify them (with proof) that business conducted business via timestamp of your CC transaction while business license is suspended.

Sincerely,
Theis

Seems like they are getting the message, I just got an email notice of a refund and order cancelled due to out of stock

I just got a message saying that suppliers have been backed up and I should have a shipping confirmation by next Wednesday. With all this other info, it still sounds shady. I already called my CC today to file the charge dispute. Now that they responded, don’t know if I should wait it out, ask them to cancel the order and refund, or continue on with the dispute.

I just got a message saying that suppliers have been backed up and I should have a shipping confirmation by next Wednesday. With all this other info, it still sounds shady. I already called my CC today to file the charge dispute. Now that they responded, don’t know if I should wait it out, ask them to cancel the order and refund, or continue on with the dispute.

Continue. Don't you find it a tad convenient that you just filed a dispute and now they contact you, to ask for more time?

Given what Theis posted above, I wouldn't give that company another second of my time. This is what CC Companies take their cut for.

Seems like they are getting the message, I just got an email notice of a refund and order cancelled due to out of stock
What did you have to do to get the refund. I just lost my job last week and don’t need to be stuck 760$. I’ve already sent an email requesting a update on shipping with no response.

What did you have to do to get the refund. I just lost my job last week and don’t need to be stuck 760$. I’ve already sent an email requesting a update on shipping with no response.

Hi,

File dispute directly with your CC company.
The CC company will then get with their merchant service provider, who will then get with them!
At that point they probably will get with you directly because they do not want the charge back on their account with the merchant service provider.

BUT...you never mentioned how many days it has been from when you ordered and how many days since payment cleared; nor have you mentioned IF you were told beforehand that they would be ordering item vs they had it in stock.

It is not the companies fault that you may or may not need to have spent that money right now.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: lash
I placed my order on the 17th of Nov, item was listed as in stock, card was charged the 19th. I tried contacting them repeatedly, their webpage offers no phone # or direct email only a contact form, their facebook page phone # is disconnected with Verizon. Their webpage as of this morning still currently lists it as available.

I'm guessing I got an immediate refund because based on the above, others reporting the same issue with a variety of products not just this one, and their business status as being suspended I disputed the charge with my CC company. That said all I really got so far is a generic looking email from them with an updated order status saying I was issued a refund due to the item being out of stock. We'll see if that refund actually hits my CC in a couple days, as that stiff typically doesn't show up overnight, if not it's in the CC's hands now.

I'm familiar with the office building, my wife's business attorneys have the whole top floor. The rest of the building is a bunch of small offices, no "storefront". Hopefully it all gets resolved.

Ordered 11/26 and it cleared 11/27. Item was showing in stock same as for everybody else. Purchased on my debit card and not credit card.

Hi,

File dispute directly with your CC company.
The CC company will then get with their merchant service provider, who will then get with them!
At that point they probably will get with you directly because they do not want the charge back on their account with the merchant service provider.

BUT...you never mentioned how many days it has been from when you ordered and how many days since payment cleared; nor have you mentioned IF you were told beforehand that they would be ordering item vs they had it in stock.

It is not the companies fault that you may or may not need to have spent that money right now.

Sincerely,
Theis

A good rule of thumb with these small store (one that I didn't remember to apply!), is that if their online store webpage won't give you a phone number, or their contact address is a PO box, or clearly not a brick and mortar store, doesn't charge sales tax, or a brick and mortar "store" that's "by appointment only" they're probably risky to deal with. Armageddon Arms, Gun Zone, BattleHawk Armory, Dack Outdoors, Patriot Firearms, Aim Shoot Enterprise, Lanbo's Armory, basically the top 10 cheapest price sites all fail these tests.

Not that a small basement run middle man for big warehouses can't provide great service and prices, after all they have basically zero storefront overheard, but you're just more likely to experience delays and issues. I have ordered from some of them before to save a lot of $, but you accept the risk.

Right now everything is a mess ordering off and on, a lot of stores are stating they are a week behind just filling orders, and it sounds like Fedex/UPS are slapping package limits on bit stores. Something it sounds like they've never done before.

Lanbo's Armory, Gun Zone Deals, Tombstone Tactical are all legit businesses. They're drop ship websites with probably the most accurate inventory system out of all these drop ship businesses (and there are many that have popped up in the past 4 years). If you plan on ordering something from what appears to be a drop ship website, check those 3 for inventory first. If they're out of stock on those 3 sites, they're going to be out of stock everywhere else. You should also double check on the price on these 3 websites. If they're within each others price range, probably a legitimate drop shipper. If the price you find is way out of line (significantly cheaper than) these 3, most likely a scam website.

Customer service with drop shippers even before 2020 was abysmal.

Reactions: lash
ToddM, did the refund make it to your CC?

I placed my order on the 17th of Nov, item was listed as in stock, card was charged the 19th. I tried contacting them repeatedly, their webpage offers no phone # or direct email only a contact form, their facebook page phone # is disconnected with Verizon. Their webpage as of this morning still currently lists it as available.

I'm guessing I got an immediate refund because based on the above, others reporting the same issue with a variety of products not just this one, and their business status as being suspended I disputed the charge with my CC company. That said all I really got so far is a generic looking email from them with an updated order status saying I was issued a refund due to the item being out of stock. We'll see if that refund actually hits my CC in a couple days, as that stiff typically doesn't show up overnight, if not it's in the CC's hands now.

Looks like it did, I see a credit balance on my card now. Now if USPS finds my two Atlas bipods that they haven't scanned in over a week since leaving the distribution center, I think all the black friday drama will be over.

Reactions: nmsheephunter
I’m not going to breathe easy til I have them in hand, but I got the tracking number from them as promised today. Will keep you guys posted.

I’ve actually been to the store a few years ago. I have no idea what it’s status is today. I walked in and listened to the people working there. Immediately walked out shaking my head.

FWIW if you know some one local, the store used to be located of Lake Forest Rd. Not sure if it’s still there

I got a tracking number also after I disputed it with my bank. I’m expecting an empty box to show up.

Damn it. I bought three AAC blastouts from them on Dec. 2nd. They showed up on guns.deals as the website with the lowest price. Haven’t heard anything since then.
Now there website seems shut down, and is now called tactical-surplus.com, but the bottom still says Armageddon Arms. Address is the same:
14902121-10A9-46F4-9C16-EB463EFC198D.png

Glad I escaped them with a refund. Osage had Sig Kilo 3000's to me in less than 4 days from my order for the same $.

FWIW I reported them to GunDeals suggesting they remove them from their search results but when they tried to contact the seller they got an immediate reply, so I'm guessing it did nothing.

Website is shutdown damn. I did get my pair. Might have had something to do with me filing a dispute and what I told him in the last email I sent. Got a shipping notification the next day.

I ordered a product the day before Thanksgiving and just got it today. First time customer and was headed down the same dispute path but a tracking number was finally available. I was trying to give the benefit of doubt as their website does state they are well back ordered and processing can take 12+ days. No communication however. Regardless, I feel fortunate I received the product and will not be using again.

Just checked my junk folder after getting no reply to my emails. They sent me an email last Wednesday, Dec. 9th saying they cancelled my order because the AAC blastouts were out of stock. Checked my bank and no refund still, one week later. I’ll give it until Friday and then file a CC dispute if my refund hasn’t showed up yet.

I have been waiting for the refund for the same amount of time...

Just checked my junk folder after getting no reply to my emails. They sent me an email last Wednesday, Dec. 9th saying they cancelled my order because the AAC blastouts were out of stock. Checked my bank and no refund still, one week later. I’ll give it until Friday and then file a CC dispute if my refund hasn’t showed up yet.

As of today, 13 days since their email stating my order was cancelled they never sent a refund. Finally filed a CC dispute because I got busy and totally spaced it since last week.