• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Anybody making a bag rider for the ACC Elite?

KnowNothing256

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2020
    Picked up an ACC Elite and got MDT’s aluminum bag rider with it (among other widgets). Problem is, the bag rider angles downward from back to front, and I’m looking for one that has a bottom surface parallel to the bore.

I could do a lot of internet searching, but thought the Hide might know an outfit who makes what I want. Thanks for any help in advance.

Made a simple one, just dont want the chassis to hit the ground every time when I go prone.

Attachments

• 2024-02-09 21.36.13.jpg
      2024-02-09 21.36.13.jpg
      477.4 KB · Views: 207
    This has been mentioned to MDT a number of times and it blows my mind that they don't get that their bag rider for the Premier is just not suitable to the Elite due to slant. It would take an engineer how long to modify the CAD data to do this? sigh

This has been mentioned to MDT a number of times and it blows my mind that they don't get that their bag rider for the Premier is just not suitable to the Elite due to slant. It would take an engineer how long to modify the CAD data to do this? sigh
    Yep, I was pretty annoyed when I bolted it on. I'm sure they'll get there, it's gotta be a little glaring to their product management team when their flagship shooters are running 3D printed parts that compete directly with the MDT official stuff. I get that SKU minimization is important, but angled vs straight bag riders are not a new concept. I do think that the precision shooting community isn't necessarily aligned on which is best though, some people like that the angle provides them more rear bag range; I think tripod rear might make the issue more obvious.

C'est la vie.

Didn't 5x5 make a pretty nice one for it last year? I looked on their site but couldn't find it..

The MDT bag rider is shit.

• Haha
    Reactions: Baron23
    So I saw an mdt short that they had a nice looking one in the elite chassis, I commented and they said it's a prototype they are working on.. hopefully soon they release one for it

Reactions: Baron23
    I made one out of delrin because I’m too impatient to order the one from Australian precision

Reactions: st1650 and Baron23
    I made one out of delrin because I’m too impatient to order the one from Australian precision
    Ah, that was basically exactly I was hoping to find stateside, oh well. Thanks for the info!

My guess is that they are working with Chad heckler at 5x5 because his is the best one I've seen and it looks alot like this one

I was tagging in the Bag Bullet maker to see if his could be adapted to this or if he is making one.

Im not a chassis fan and ran his on an MPA Hybrid.
    Very nice. Super stable.
    Plus he is a long time Hide guy and shooter and a heck of a guy.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
    The acc elite is flat mounting plate, not angled like previous gens. I for one, strongly dislike angle in a bag rider.
    Yeah, MDT just cheaped out and used the rider from the Premier and though that customers would be...happy? Not notice? Dunno, cause it just seems stupid to me. The Premier bag rider is in CAD....we know it is. This is like 5 minutes of work to modify the existing CAD file to reflect the horizontal bottom of the Elite butt stock.

Maybe they had a bunch of the Premier bag riders batch made and need to move them? Cause, for the life of me, I don't understand why this isn't already resolved.

Reactions: giumau1
    I even reached out to mdt because they all run the same one that Chad from 5x5 makes.. I was told it's a prototype and they don't know if they will release it. I contacted Chad he said he isn't sure if he is gonna make and sell them.. I really like his design though because it doesn't hang over the front very much at all

No sir. Brandt built. Same guy that makes the sendit level ocular adapter. Not sure if he’s making anymore. You’ll have to contact him directly cause he doesn’t advertise it.

@Secant
    Hey so who did you get this made from? It looked like you tagged secant but I reached out and he said he's the wrong guy

Hey so who did you get this made from? It looked like you tagged secant but I reached out and he said he's the wrong guy
    He just tagged me because I asked for the link. Below is Brandt Built's website.

I forgot about this thread when you reached out. Too early for my PM response to you, haha.