• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody own a DPMS 308 3G1?

RidgeRebel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2009
Hurricane, UT
Just ordered one and was looking for a range report. Anybody spent some time with one yet? Can't wait to get my hands on mine.
Thanks
Bob

Yes, i have one in 5.56 and it is one of the best bag for your buck ar rifles on the market. 18" ss barrel, 1:8twist, jp trigger, vtac handguard.... For about 1100 to 1200 dollars you cant go wrong and i was able to get sub moa all day long on the shootout threads with a 1-4 vortex scope! Check out shootout round2 thread for my pics and info. Amazing rifle for the money.

I am also curious about the .308... I am looking for a good hog and deer gun and the 3g1 appears to have what I'm looking for, but I'd like a .308 owners opinion :)

Also curious about the .308 version! Lets hear some range reports!

Dpms 3g1

Just ordered one and was looking for a range report. Anybody spent some time with one yet? Can't wait to get my hands on mine.
Thanks
Bob

I have a 3G1 in 308, because 168's are cureently unavailable I'm currently shooting 175 SMK's, 42.5 IMR4064, LC brass, Fed 210 primer, my gun shoots 1/2 moa all day long, the fit and finish on it meets my standards, the muzzle break works well.

The JP trigger is acceptable however I like a trigger on the lighter side so I changed the spring to 3.5 lbs, the gun runs flawlesly, it's a bit on the heavy side but not too bad, I like it, I'll think I'l keep it.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 18
Good looking rifle. I got the SASS when they first came out. It is very accurate, but also heavy. I definitely like this rifle's looks over mine.

Froggy -

I am looking at this gun for the range - and also for hog / deer hunting rifle.. Do you believe this would be a good fit? Also due to your "Froggy" name I have to ask - are you a prior navy man?

Froggy -

I am looking at this gun for the range - and also for hog / deer hunting rifle.. Do you believe this would be a good fit? Also due to your "Froggy" name I have to ask - are you a prior navy man?

The rifle weighs 8.5 lbs with your choice of scope as much as 10lbs, your decision on how much you want to pack, Yes former Navy.

Last edited: