• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anybody played with AEM2, 3, or 4?

Goin'Hot

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
Central, Ohio
I'm looking to put a FA rated can on my 7.5" AA 556 and 10.3" DD Mk18. I can't find much actual info about the Allen Eng 556 cans other than what's listed in the limited description over at ADCO.

I know the Mod 12 (AEM5) is well liked however, that would kind of defeat the idea of a short pistol or SBR. Has anyone actually heard the 2,3 or 4? I also don't see any info on barrel length restrictions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best thing would be to find a shop that has several different brands that can see and shoot. Maybe make a trip up to ADCO and shoot a few different makes and models?

Check out the Silencerco saker 556. Tons of features not offered by anyone else. And warrantied on the gun you mentioned.

It's under consideration but the cost savings between the Saker and the AE is quite substantial.

Best thing would be to find a shop that has several different brands that can see and shoot. Maybe make a trip up to ADCO and shoot a few different makes and models?

I sent an email to ADCO about barrel profiles. I'd like to demo them on my 7.5" to get an idea on the amount of back pressure they generate but, I don't know if I need any machining to get the mount to fit.