• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody Reloading for the 6.8 Remington SPC II

EMorr

I need a nap
Minuteman
Hello,

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I looked through several pages and tried the search feature and came up empty.

I have 2 AR-15's chambered in 6.8 SPC II and they are both awesome shooters capable of 1/2 MOA groups with my current loads. Specifically I'm running Hornady 110 V-Max projectiles sitting on top of 27.8 Grains of H335, Average velocity is about 2556 FPS out of a 24" Anderson Mfg. barrel. The guides say I can go up to 29.5 Grains of H335 and I'm trying to work up a load at a higher charge weight but so far my best accuracy has come at the aforementioned 27.8 Grains.

I would really like to find a load that produces higher velocity while maintaining good accuracy for shooting out to 1000 yards (hopefully). My current load just can't quite get there. I have Tried heavier bullets with a better B.C. like the 130 Grain Hornady SST sitting on 25.7 grains of H335 and while they do shoot well, they are dump truck slow at about 2283 FPS and again fall just short of my 1000 yard goal.

So does anybody have a pet load for the 6.8 that they would be willing to share with me? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
XBR 8208 , AR Comp will get you in the 25's, but this is not a 1000 yard cartridge the most 400. i have shot mine to 500 and happy to get all my hits in a 18x12 plate but is really pushing ,on the other hand the grendel has no problem at the distance. .270 BC's are not greatest in 115's and to use longer bullets you are limited by mag length.

H335 was slow for me. Try AA2200. Pretty close to the gold standard in 6.8.

XBR 8208 , AR Comp will get you in the 25's,
Thanks for the reply, I'm curious because you did not elaborate, are you saying these powders will get me in to the 25's with the 130 grain pills or the 110's? And as far as shooting at range I realize that this is not an ideal caliber for long range but I have already made hits at 600 with factory SSA 115 Grain BTHP's and a friend has claimed to make hit at 1000. Mainly I just want to see if it can be done but this is not the primary purpose of this rifle.
H335 was slow for me. Try AA2200. Pretty close to the gold standard in 6.8.
Thanks for the info I will go pick up a couple pounds and start working up a load.

Last edited:
Sorry for not been clear 110 ,115's XBR8208 AR Comp ,i have not done to much testing with 130's in 6.8