• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody running a 6br out of a Tikka

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    I have a Cadex chassis system coming soon for a Tikka action and It will be set up to use the AI magazines. I know that people buy kits for the magazine's to run the 6br but I am wondering if I am going to have problems running it out of a Tikka action set up that way. Been a long time since I have had a 6br and the couple I had years ago were all built by Kelblys on single shot actions. Is it going to be a problem child or should I run a different caliber?

Thanks,
    Dan

The only thing I can think of, is maybe having to adjust the bolt throw. I seem to recall shorter cartridges like .223, used either a different bolt stop, or it had to be flipped over, to allow the bolt to slide back far enough to pick up the short case. Since the modified AICS mags move the BR cartridge further forward, that may be a moot point. Perhaps someone with actual experience will pipe up...

I have one in a mdt acc chassis. The MDT 6br mags feed great.

It's become my favorite rifle.

I've got one in 6BR in a bravo stock and it feeds fine. I made followers and spacers for my mags but the MDT ones weren't available at the time. I fitted one of the HVHA adjustable bolt stops which shortens the throw a fair bit.

My action has a long bolt stop in it now. Should I order a short bolt stop from Mountain Tactical or is their other places that sell them?

I've got one in 6BR in a bravo stock and it feeds fine. I made followers and spacers for my mags but the MDT ones weren't available at the time. I fitted one of the HVHA adjustable bolt stops which shortens the throw a fair bit.

Never heard of the HVHA adjustable bolt stop for a Tikka. Is their a link to check it out?

It's an Australian company. Nice bit of gear, you have 3 positions you can fit the stop to. https://highvelocityhuntingaustralia.com.au/tikka-bolt-stop-adjustable/
    Tikka-T3-T3x-Bolt-Stop.jpg

I ran a 6br out of stock tikka magazines. Never had a single feeding issue. Can’t help with AICS mags though.

I would recommend against the MDT 6br mags for your first br experience. Get a primal rights mag kit to start out with and then you can Branch out to different Mag kits from there. Of all of the kits out there the primal rights is the most likely to feed correctly

The Primal Rights kits certainly work well.

I personally haven't had any issues running 6BRA in my MDT mags, but I understand that others have.

Apparently mdt has also come out with an updated br mag follower design so the old mags may have issues that the new ones don’t.

Reactions: Average guy
    I used AI Aics mags with my Dasher and Bra they fed well but rough sometimes. I got a couple of MDT BR Mags and they feed like butter. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like it stripped one out of the Mag.