• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anybody running a can on there Ak?

beretta989

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2008
South Dakota Huron area
I have Wasr-10 and was kicking the Idea around of doing the YHM mount and getting a phantom for it. 2 of my friends have done this and it works pretty well. Just wanted to hear from anybody else that went a different way.

Re: Anybody running a can on there Ak?

A friend of mine runs a Gemtech Sandstorm on his AK. I made him an adapter for 14x1.5LH female to 5/8-24 male threads.

It works pretty well, he's happy with it.

I've got a pig hunting trip coming up in the near future and would like to bring my AK canned for the fun element that they present.

Generally speaking 7.62x39 AK's dont supress well due to the large amount of gas escaping from the gas sytem and not through the can.

I own a few Romy AK variants so dont take this as an insult but they are not the most well made rifles out there and as such be VERY certain your threads are running concentric as its not uncommon for them to be more than a little off. This can cause at best a baffle strike and at worse you destroy an 800.00(600+200) can by mounting it to a 400.00 WASR.

Having said that I'm going to build a form 1 can for a Draco. SBR's are a no no in my state and while I dont think it will be the most efficent supressor at leat it will serve a function as opposed to perm attaching a dummy can or silly looking extended length flash hider. I figure worst case it costs me the 200.00 tax stamp and well under a 100 in materials. I know it will noticably supress the noise but I'm not expecting it to be no ear pro quiet.