• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody running Rocky Mt Bullets in a 338LM?

dyoung

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2009
CA
Just did two trial runs using 300 and 325 gr Rocky MT Bullets on my 338L and can not get them to group. I suspect it is because I had to seat them so deep in the case to make it fit my M5 AI clip. Speeds were down compared to same powder charge for 300 gr Scenar (my normal bullet)...jump must be enormous.

I can not be the first to give these a try? Let me hear from someone who has tried this with any success.

Re: Anybody running Rocky Mt Bullets in a 338LM?

If you can get these bullets to stabilize in 338 LM your lucky. According to the manufacturer you need to get 2800 fps out of an 8 twist barrel in order to stabilize them. I only know of two 338 calibers that can push a 325 grain bullet that fast and Lapua isn't one of them.

Re: Anybody running Rocky Mt Bullets in a 338LM?

Thanks. I know it's no CT but I thought I had a chance with the 300 grs since I am running a 300 scenar.