• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody sbr a blaser?

Bart

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2005
Amarillo, Tx
Just a thought I am having...a 12" suppressed 308 barrel for the blaser sounds like fun...
Getting jealous of all of the "pistol rifles" out there (piffles?), so thinking of this route.

Anyone who has one, chime in!
Thanks!
Jordan

Im no Blaser expert but which model has a short enough forend for that?
All of them.
1621222311573.png

If it weren’t for the sentimental value and the chamber (30-06) I’d love to SBR my Pap’s Remington 760 carbine. 12” and suppressed by an ultra 7.

Last edited:
Macca,
Yep, thinking 12.5-14 inches, thunderbeast ultra 7 hanging off the end.
Even with can, should be pretty handy....
Thanks!

If you want a suppressor on your R8 and want to be short, you might want to look at this:

Hi All,
I also thought the R8 with its exceptionally short system would make a great base for a suppressed SBR.
The goal would be a very compact hunting rifle, good for 50-300 yards, small to medium game.
Blaser is only offering a 16.5" barrel in the thin 17mm contour, whith is thin for my taste.
So here is the project I just bespoke and ordered with my favorite gunsmith:

Stock: Blaser professional with adjustable cheek piece, QD cups and green/olive paint job. Cut by 1" and thin 1/10" "recoil pad" installed.
Barrel: .308Win, 16" length, 11" twist, 21mm medium countour, threaded 14x1mm, matching paint job. (with this length and thread size the suppressor will end up 1" in front of the stock)
Suppressor: A-Tec H2 modular over barrel with 60° quick detach mount. Can be used in 3 length configutations.
Optic: Swarovski Z6i 2.5-15x44 with ballistic turret (will reach to 500 yards)

Over all length of the rifle:
33" without suppressor
35" with short configuration suppressor
38" with full lenght suppressor

The project will take about 6-8 weeks, but I will keep you posted with pictures here as it is done...

Hi All,
I also thought the R8 with its exceptionally short system would make a great base for a suppressed SBR.
The goal would be a very compact hunting rifle, good for 50-300 yards, small to medium game.
Blaser is only offering a 16.5" barrel in the thin 17mm contour, whith is thin for my taste.
So here is the project I just bespoke and ordered with my favorite gunsmith:

Stock: Blaser professional with adjustable cheek piece, QD cups and green/olive paint job. Cut by 1" and thin 1/10" "recoil pad" installed.
Barrel: .308Win, 16" length, 11" twist, 21mm medium countour, threaded 14x1mm, matching paint job. (with this length and thread size the suppressor will end up 1" in front of the stock)
Suppressor: A-Tec H2 modular over barrel with 60° quick detach mount. Can be used in 3 length configutations.
Optic: Swarovski Z6i 2.5-15x44 with ballistic turret (will reach to 500 yards)

Over all length of the rifle:
33" without suppressor
35" with short configuration suppressor
38" with full lenght suppressor

The project will take about 6-8 weeks, but I will keep you posted with pictures here as it is done...
Nice! Sounds cool, keen to see.

Hi All,

Here is the final “report” on my Blaser R8 SBR build.

The R8 with its exceptionally short system makes a great base for a suppressed SBR.
The goal was a very compact hunting rifle, good for 50-300 yards, small to medium game.
Blaser is only offering a 18" barrel in the thin 17mm contour and the 16.5” with the integral suppressor contour as seen in this thread above, which is thin for my taste.
So here is the project I finished:

Stock: Blaser professional with adjustable cheek piece, QD cups and green/olive/brown camo paint job. Cut by 1" and thin 1/10" "recoil pad" installed.
Barrel: .308Win, 15" length, 11" twist, 21mm medium contour, threaded 15x1mm, matching paint job.
Suppressor: A-Tec H2 modular over barrel with 60° quick detach mount and matching paint job. Can be used in 3 length configurations.
Optic: Kahles K318 3.5-18x50 MSR

Bipod: Harris with lever

Sling: Helikontex

Overall length of the rifle:
32" without suppressor
34" with short configuration suppressor
37" with full length suppressor

The rifle is no featherweight but a solid 11.5 lbs with everything on it…

Attachments

• 20220127_131450.jpg
    20220127_131450.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 20220127_131520.jpg
    20220127_131520.jpg
    807.1 KB · Views: 295
  • 20220127_132834.jpg
    20220127_132834.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 258
I'm looking at this spare R93 I haven't shot in years and also at this bandsaw with some bad ideas right now. That thing is awesome.

Thanks everybody. She is really beautiful and came out just as I was imagining.

I am looking so much forward to test her thoroughly soon.

Hi All,

Here is the final “report” on my Blaser R8 SBR build.

The R8 with its exceptionally short system makes a great base for a suppressed SBR.
The goal was a very compact hunting rifle, good for 50-300 yards, small to medium game.
Blaser is only offering a 18" barrel in the thin 17mm contour and the 16.5” with the integral suppressor contour as seen in this thread above, which is thin for my taste.
So here is the project I finished:

Stock: Blaser professional with adjustable cheek piece, QD cups and green/olive/brown camo paint job. Cut by 1" and thin 1/10" "recoil pad" installed.
Barrel: .308Win, 15" length, 11" twist, 21mm medium contour, threaded 15x1mm, matching paint job.
Suppressor: A-Tec H2 modular over barrel with 60° quick detach mount and matching paint job. Can be used in 3 length configurations.
Optic: Kahles K318 3.5-18x50 MSR

Bipod: Harris with lever

Sling: Helikontex

Overall length of the rifle:
32" without suppressor
34" with short configuration suppressor
37" with full length suppressor

The rifle is no featherweight but a solid 11.5 lbs with everything on it…
What’s the weight of just the rifle sans scope/bipod/can/etc?