• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody shooting a Remington 30 AR?

rich56

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2007
Union NJ
Wondering how it works out to 300yds (my maximum range, only one 600yd in NJ) compare to the .223 1/8 twist with 75gn bullets

Re: Anybody shooting a Remington 30 AR?

I've got quite a bit of experience with it for hunting and suppressed SBR use, but don't know that I've ever shot it past 200yds. The 6.8SPC would be a lot better choice for 200yds +.

It's a VERY effective hunting round and my experience with 4 uppers is that it is totally reliable as to function. I'm pushing a 150gr Nosler Accubond 2300fps out of a 11.3" SBR and it's VERY deadly on feral hogs here in TX. Ballistic wise it will duplicat the old 300 Savage in a comparable bbl length/bullet weight. In my SBR I've basically got a semi-auto .30-30 shooting more efficient bullets.

Re: Anybody shooting a Remington 30 AR?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BWilson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my SBR I've basically got a semi-auto .30-30 shooting more efficient bullets.</div></div>

Thats just sounds like my cup o tea for brush hunting!!!