• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody use the Candlepower forums?

pinzmann

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2005
yucca valley, ca
Maybe its my inexperience with computers and websites, but I recently joined Candlepower forms to learn more about flashlights and related subject matter. This has got to be the most confusing forum I've ever been on. There's at least 3 different forums you have to register seperatly and they have strange postcount rules, some count some don't. Also have a hard time navigating there. Anyway it might just be me but I've never been that confused on others like ARFcom, Calguns etc.

Re: Anybody use the Candlepower forums?

If you don't understand electronics, that shit can be tough. Hell, I'm trying to wire frikken LEDs up to a plastic model I have and am having a hard time matching LED output, viewing angle for the application and then pondering resistors... LOL

Not big on ARFCOM politics to be honest so I tend to stay on the Hide. It's almost like Snipers Hide is where ARFCOM members go when they grow up.

I'm a member there... it is really a very badly designed forum, not user friendly at all. If there were not some really knowledgable people there it wouldn't be worth it. That said...ya gotta have some battery chemistry and light/LED tech know how to figure out much of what they are discussing <grin>.

I don't have a problem understanding the lums, batteries etc, its like Parallax said it best, to me its just not user friendly.

I've been a member there for a number of years and have seen it go through several different iterations. And you're right, it does seem to get a bit more confusing each time.

I don't visit there too often any more because most of the posts are people pissing and moaning that their new $60 flashlight has a spec of dust on the inside of the window or the beam of their new flashlight has a dim spot in the middle. GIVE ME A BREAK!!! I wish I had a life as stress-free as those folks. They obviously don't have a whole lot going on.

BTW, thanks for creating this thread, I've been wanting to get that off my chest for years. ;-)

They seem to be real big on "research your question before you ask." So I did. Couldn't find anything regarding my question, went through the registration process and posted my very thorough and specific question. It seems your first three posts must be screened by a moderator before they make it to the board. You can't even access your own account until you reach the three post quota so you can't find your post or tell if it has been accepted.

I said fuck it and returned the flashlight to bass pro, it sucked anyway. <span style="font-style: italic">There was this speck of dust under the glass</span> hahahahahah

You can sometimes find some great deals in their for sale section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: soleus123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can sometimes find some great deals in their for sale section. </div></div>

That's for sure... One of their venders, Bug Out Gear USA, is where I got the lowest pricing to be found on a Jetbeam RRT-3 flashlight and another vender sells AW LiOn batteries shipped direct for about 50% less then available in the US.

BTW, the Jetbeam Raptor RRT-3 is a fantastic light... I can easily resolve targets at night past 225 yards. Beats a Maglight all to heck <grin>.