• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody use the Limbsaver x-ring barrel tuner?

SanPatHogger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
I've seen quite a few metal adjusteable tuners at the 22 match. I've read they work best on longer heavier barrels. I'm shooting a 16 inch CZ455 with a fairly shinny barrel. I think it's the suppressor ready model. I've seen these rubber barrel tuners before and thought they were a joke but there seem to be a lot of reviews that say they work.
I ordered 3, one for each of my 22s and one for a buddy of mine.
Any first hand experience on here?

Also the question and answer section on Amazon is pretty funny.

Like anything that touches the barrel there will be a change. Whether it consistently "improves" things is an entirely different matter. If you look around you'll find similar tuners made from fender washers or metal collars that are secured to the barrel.

I've used a Harrell's tuner brake (made for AR's) on a 16" Tikka T1x for over a year. You can absolutely see the size of groups change as you adjust it.
But... in my experience the tune did seem to be a narrow window velocity wise. Enough so that I used a USB hand warmer to try and maintain a ~90+ degree ammo temperature (where I originally adjusted the tuner). There were also other challenges with this device that aren't the tuner portion but more the design that are incompatible with dirty rimfire. There is no easy way to use the rimfire specific Harrell's on this barrel.

I'm switching to the conventional Cortina design where the adapter is sized more as a 'bloop tube'.

Have you ever seen a bloop tube? The Cortina design is absolutely nothing like a bloop tube. His tuner requires the barrel to be threade. A bloop tube is added to a tuner normally. Never seen a bloop tube stuck to a barrel not sure how you would attach it.
Perhaps read the entire post, talking about a Tikka with factory threaded barrel. Cortina's tuner uses a threaded adapter that goes forward of the muzzle and larger in diameter... like a bloop tube.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbo2