• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody use the RCBS case lube die?

2aBaC̶a̶

Humans are amusing
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2019
I Da ho
Re evaluating my case lubing system looking for cleaner and more consistant. Ran across this RCBS die that you fill with lube and has a felt ring that lubes the case. I load on a progressive with empty slots anyways so why not.

Re evaluating my case lubing system looking for cleaner and more consistant. Ran across this RCBS die that you fill with lube and has a felt ring that lubes the case. I load on a progressive with empty slots anyways so why not.

I use the RCBS case lube. It works really good. I don't have the die.

I started helping my Dad reload in 1968 and I have had only one case get stuck using Rcbs case lube. It happened right after cleaning the die with carb cleaner. I did not get the first shell lubed enough and stuck it.

Thanks. In addition to “how good does it work” I mean literally “how does it work” like do you fill it with lube or something? Does it have a dipstick LOL

Hahaha right. There is a little hole on the side you inject with liquid lube and there is a felt O-ring inside that gets saturated. Case goes in and wipes the length coating it completely and supposed to avoid the shoulder. Die is case family specific.

How many cases does one addition of lube lube?

We're about to find out. It's made for a progressive press and doing more bulk type reloading so I would imagine a good run.

Reactions: Choid
I think it sounds like a pretty cool idea. Obviously a great idea if you have an extra spot on the toolhead. I guess you'd want to go decap, lube, size, since usually the first station is the only one with an offload for old primers.

How many cases does one addition of
It's a decaper & lube in one die if you wanted to go that route. But I usually run a bunch with a universal decaper only before I tumble. I do have empty slots when loading this can slide right in first before sizing.

Reactions: Jackomason
It's a decaper & lube in one die if you wanted to go that route. But I usually run a bunch with a universal decaper only before I tumble. I do have empty slots when loading this can slide right in first before sizing.
How does it work?

Actually works pretty good. Lubes the bottom half of the case. You can feel the sizing get harder when it starts to run out. I did about 100 cases before it needed a refill.

Reactions: mtrmn
Does it leak if you lay it over on its side for extended periods of time? I wouldn’t want it gooing all over the place when not in use.

Does it leak if you lay it over on its side for extended periods of time? I wouldn’t want it gooing all over the place when not in use.
I'll have to get back to you on that. It's been like 40°F in my garage so lube is thick as fk. I have to heat the die and bottle to get it to flow. I don't think it will leak.

Reactions: spife7980
while this might benefit a new reloader. i am not altering my routine that has worked for a long time!
i really do like RCBS products and their tech support, nothing personal guys

I used to use an RCBS lube die when loading 223 on my 650. Since then I've gone back to using the Dillon spray lube with a carbide button in a FL sizer. I do my 308 loads the same way with good results.

I run pass 1: FL Sizer, Dillon trimmer.
Polish off the lube
Pass 2: Neck size (Dillon trim die undersizes the neck a hair), powder charge, Seating, Factory crimp die.

Has worked well, I load everything from my plinking ammo to my accurate ammo this way. The only difference is when I'm loading my accurate ammo, I don't use the Dillon powder hopper - I weigh every charge. With the Dillon hopper, I get around 500 rounds an hour. About 100/hour when weighing every charge.

Reactions: Herb Stoner