• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody use this spotting scope for PRS?

Jmkjr87

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 13, 2019
    Any body use the Vortex Razor HD 11-33x50 spotting scope for PRS? due to budget constraints im looking at getting this and the vortex radian tripod, I have a 30% of MAP cert im going to use to pay for the tripod and that doesn't leave me much for a optic a better optic. Anybody use this and do they like it. Has anybody used this and had problems?

I imagine it would be great, I use my 15x Bino’s without issues. You’re just looking for hits on steel, not holes in paper.

I imagine it would be great, I use my 15x Bino’s without issues. You’re just looking for hits on steel, not holes in paper.
    Also looking at mirage and wind conditions and spotting where the shooter ahead of me misses

In my opinion those things are easier done at lower magnification and with a wider field of view.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm

This thing mounted on a tripod is the bees knees for spotting PRS. I can see trace very well with it. I have been using it for 2 years to spot in many PRS matches and have no plans to use anything else. It focuses very easily and is so simple and light. Nice little mil reticle inside.