• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody used a Rem 700 USR?

Re: Anybody used a Rem 700 USR?

I dont see how it could be that lite, I mean my 700P is 9lbs of gun, no scope rings bipod or nuthin. granted they taking off 6 inches of barrel length but they adding all the optics, hardware, and ammo and coming out with 5.6, thats hard to believe

It does seem suspect, but the only thing I can imagine is that the aramid stock keeps the weight down???

also not to mention I just checked out the 700pLTR with the fluted barrel 20" and it weighed in at 7.5 for just the gun. After seeing this, thats got to be some kind of misprint

Misprint or BS. A little M7 with aan 18" pencil bbl weighs more that.

I believe they left a 1 off in front of all the weights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe they meant the trigger pull weight. </div></div>

No it lists the trigger pull in that section as well 3.5lbs to 5lbs....

I just picked one up yesterday. It's def heavier than 5.6. No scale but I'd say around 9lbs.