• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody Using An Arca Mount With A Lever?

J-Ham

Aquamarine Team
Minuteman
  • Sep 21, 2009
    Whitefish, MT
    Was shopping for something else the other day (God only knows what) & noticed that Gray Ops makes an Arca mount (for a bipod) that uses a lever to lock it down & that you can adjust the tension on. Further down the rabbit hole I discovered that ADM makes one as well. The ADM mount was my favorite back in the days of 1913 rails & I still use one on AR's.

The reason I'm even considering this is because I currently have a couple of the Area 419 clamps on my Atlas bipods but I've noticed them loosening up during a prolonged string of fire. I don't know if it's because I've got delicate she-fingers or what but I don't feel like I can get that knob tight enough to really lock 'er down.

So anybody got any experience with one of these other options? Thanks guys.

Reactions: AllAheadFull
    I have one on my bipod Holds tight 100% of the time.

Are you looking for something like this? Clamps to arca & pic rails.
    1604356084860.png

Are you looking for something like this? Clamps to arca & pic rails.
    Well yes & no.

For these rifles, I don't really need the ability to clamp to a pic rail. The other thing that I don't particularly like about the RRS one is that I need another piece to get the Atlas bipod to mount to it as opposed to that all being one piece. The ADM & Gray Ops mounts are both a bit more trim & I feel solve the problem a little more cleanly.

Reactions: Secant
    Well yes & no.

For these rifles, I don't really need the ability to clamp to a pic rail. The other thing that I don't particularly like about the RRS one is that I need another piece to get the Atlas bipod to mount to it as opposed to that all being one piece. The ADM & Gray Ops mounts are both a bit more trim & I feel solve the problem a little more cleanly.
    Sorry man - totally misread your post. I thought you were looking for alternatives to the gray ops and adm, didn’t mean to derail you.

I also have she-fingers so I know what you are saying with the Area 419 clamp coming loose. I try to use two hands to tighten it up, but then it isn't easy to adjust on the clock.

I have looked into the ADM mount, but you have to slide the clamp off, it won't just drop when you open it. I can see that being a plus and a minus.

I have started using the RRS clamp with knob that bolts directly to an atlas bipod and I have been very impressed with the ease of tightening/loosing and have had zero issues with the clamp coming loose.

Quick update...

On the recommendation of @JC Steel I went ahead & ordered the Gray Ops Arca clamp... I think this is the answer for me. Operation is fairly similar to an ADM with the way you can adjust the tension for various rails & all that... Has just enough variation for there not to be any patent issues (I suppose as I know nothing about that kind of stuff). Can definitely get the clamp tighter than I could the Area 419.

Would recommend.

Ive got the RRS one that was posted above. I know its not exactly what you want. But as far as the lever for a ARCA rai. It locks on solid with no issues. No getting loose. and If I wanna ditch the bipod for whatever reason its super fast and quick. The so called downside(at least with the RRS. Not familiar with the gray ops one) is if I wanna move it. It is really easy to fully disengage it and allow it to just fall off. Vs it sliding like I would want.

@RS14
    Yeah the Gray Ops version is similar in that respect. I think with a little practice a guy could get pretty skilled at loosening the clamp enough to move the bipod as opposed to removing it. For me personally, I'll take fully disengaging at the cost of maybe not being as easy to slide.

Reactions: RS14
    I just placed an order for the BTC Pro, linked above. I didn't realize they made one with the lever.

I've got girl hands also, but I've never had an issue with the knob on my Ckye pod coming loose.

Maybe there was an issue with the 419 stuff and that's why they went ARCA lock?