• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes anybody using NF 2.5-10x32

sgj2025

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
west,ky
Building up a m1a on sage platform.Specs are 18" med heavy barrel, 1 and 10 twist, chambered in m118.Not to worried about a fixed parallex as rifle will have buis. this is going to be my shtf rifle, looking for a bullet proof optic for 500yds and under.Actually having 2 rifles built one in 18" and the other one in 22". Was looking at the sn3 for the 22" gun.I have an S&b 5-25x56 great optic but the thing is a tank. For the 22" m1a in sage platform have also considere the S&B 10x42 fixed. Currently my 5-25x56 sets on my pof 308. I know its over kill and does look quiet humorous but one day hope to have it setting on an AIAW 338. The M1a is not a scope friendly platform and looking for something that is not over bearing for the rifles.

Re: anybody using NF 2.5-10x32

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgj2025</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to worried about a fixed parallex as rifle will have buis. </div></div>

I don't understand what you mean by this. Would you mind explaining it to me?

Its a great scope.i bought the moa,non zero stop and sold it within three weeks of purchase.I couldnt stand the 5 moa per one revolution of the turrets.I needed 3 turns to reach 600yds.I should of bought the zero stop model with exposed turrets.The glass was outstanding like any other Nightforce.

The 2.5-10 is great for your platform. I have it mounted on my M1a Socom that I have mounted in a Troy MCS. I also run the BUIS. Like said above, the glass is awesome and allows you to use the rifle to the max of its capabilities. I went MOA w/ zero stop.

I've got one on a Rem LTR I had rebarreled. Went back with a 21" Rock Creek 1/8 223 with a lot longer throat to shoot 75-80gr bullets. I chose this scope because I needed a scope without adj. parallex, and wanted a good scope. I have the NXS model on a 308 but on the farm sometimes it takes to long to adj the parallex and get a shot at a running coyote. Like all NF's I looked through the bore, adj the scope, shot one rd., 6" left and 4" high, Next 5 rds were bullseye. They are boring dependable. Excellent scope! krw

I've been running one on my LW hunting rifle. It's an awesome scope, I don't think I'll be buying anymore Leupold's for my hunting rifles.

I have the said scope with zero stop mounted on top of a Larue LT-15. Perfect match, lightweight and durable glass and an accurate rifle. (Got a good deal on the scope with zero stop so bought it. NP-R2) I have a 3.5-15x50 mounted on a AR-10T, much bigger rifle and weight isn't a problem on it but wanted this rifle to be light weight and more "handy".

looked at 2 of these at a gun show today, a mil dot and the NPR2. Both didn't have zero stop. Great glass!

Zero stop is great. Unlike leupold you can go as many revolutions up as you have left (not limited to one rev.) and when you come down it will stop on zero. Mine stops 2 MOA below zero which allows for temp, alt change and is also my 100 zero. If your partner runs a MOA scope this is a ideal spotter scope. I spot hits up to 1k with this. The downside is the NP-R2 windage is in 5 moa increments (which BTW is a avg hold for moving targets with 223 and 308.). I wish it was in 2 MOA like the NP-R1. Thats my only complaint. Great scope. Great glass.

zero stop mil dot....see how it rhymes? zero stop is absolutely necessary because it could take more than one revolution to get where you are going. It is always nice to be able to get back to your zero...for sure. It's a no-brainer.