• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anybody using the Bushnell LRHS-2 4.5-18×44 G2H scope GAP is selling?

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    Needing to put a scope on a AR15 that I had CLE build for me on new upper parts that I had sent to them. 16 inch Kreiger with the CLE chamber that I want to use for coyote hunting. I had the original in the past that was illuminated. I know these are not but it is not a deal breaker. I liked the scope and wondering how much better the new glass is or if anything else changed on the scope.

I had one of the original LRHS models and sold it to upgrade to the LRHS-2. I would say that there is a marginal improvement in glass quality (less CA and slightly sharper). Having owned both, I don't know that I would make the small improvement in glass quality the sole reason to upgrade.

For real world use like coyote hunting, I feel like other features such as an illuminated reticle would give you more of an advantage than slightly better glass. Just my 2 cents based on the many years of coyote hunting I did when I lived in South Dakota.

Not bad but it's nothing special. I compared it to a friends VX-5 and I would say that his VX-5 had brighter glass with equal clarity. But I will choose the LRHS-2 over the VX-5 due to the turret tracking and build quality alone.