• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anybody want to make a little money??

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It Podcast
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Ive got about 300 pieces of 25BR brass, 1xf. I want them necked back down to 6mm but honestly dont feel like doing it. I did 1 piece from .25 fired and necked it down with the 6mm bushing and it created the donut of death. Im guessing it will need to be done in steps and may need to be annealed first, idk..

Anybody want to do this for some cash?? LMK. thanks

You definitely don’t want to neck down cases with a bushing die.
    Got a standard sizing die?

If you have a standard 6BR seating die, run it through there first.
    That's how I form 17 Mach IV from 221 Fireball and also 17 Hornet from 22 Hornet.

Ive got about 300 pieces of 25BR brass, 1xf. I want them necked back down to 6mm but honestly dont feel like doing it. I did 1 piece from .25 fired and necked it down with the 6mm bushing and it created the donut of death. Im guessing it will need to be done in steps and may need to be annealed first, idk..

Anybody want to do this for some cash?? LMK. thanks
    What leads you to believe its death?

It pushed some of the neck down close to the shoulder so it wouldn't chamber.

Did you go straight to the .267.-268 bushing from a fired 25 br case, or did you size using the appropriate .25 cal ( .280 ish)bushing first? .25 cal fired to 6br sized in one step is a big jump, but if you size to 25 cal first thats well within reason. If it was one big step, the chamfer in your bushing may not have been able to accommodate the oversized neck. May even be worth it to check chamfers on both sides of your bushing, and if different, use the larger one. If using a Redding type S die, screw the bushing retainer down as close to the bushing as possible while still leaving room to float side to side.

I do a ton of this type of wildcatting, and while in understand the potential issues with a bushing die, I cant say its ever given me a single issue.