• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone been considering the Lithgow F90 ATRAX ?

Triggered

Cervical Bruiser
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2017
Up Yours
Not exactly a conventional piece of Hide kit, but just curious if anyone else had been considering the rifle or had formed an opinion on it.

Quick and dirty is the ATRAX (the F90 is technically the service variant) is essentially a redesign of the Steyr AUG, which was conceived way back in the late-60s and 70s, and despite being a bit of a radical design even today, the AUG has seen plenty of service in the last 40 or so years - but is getting a little long in the tooth.

The F90 was selected for the Australian Army contract, beating the Steyr, and New Zealand went over to a LMT AR recently, replacing their AUGs. I think Ireland still uses the AUG, not sure who else....

Anyways... chambered for 5.56, 1:7 in either a 16" or 20" model on the ATRAX, chrome-lined, weight is at 7 LBS or so. Trigger pull is supposed to be noticeably better than the AUG's (a major complaint / it's squishy due to design).

If it's on-par with the Steyr, should be around 1.5-2 MOA, but with the improved trigger and refinements, hopefully around 1 MOA if I was to be overly optimistic.

Definitely not a laser tack driver, but a respectable service rifle, nonetheless.

Pre-Order went live a few days ago; first 300 units ship in September, MSRP is $2k ~ same price as the Steyr's currently.

If any of you saw Alien Covenant recently, it was seen in that film quite a bit.

Think I might give one a whirl, and pray to the Lord it does not turn into another MSAR-esc failure.

20" and 16" respectively.

Attachments

• photo59410.jpg
    photo59410.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 20
  • photo59411.jpg
    photo59411.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 19