• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone been fishin?

smboudreaux

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2009
Addis, La
i havent been out in a while. i hear the reds are tearin up down in the marsh an on the coast. i havent heard much about the blue watet bit. kinda in between seasons. got 2 blue water trips lined up in june. tournament style trips. last time we went out the this charter we tore up aj's, dolphin, kings, snapper, basically whatever we decided we wanted to catch he put us on them.

Re: anyone been fishin?

Don't fish offshore but the shellcrackers and bass are hittin pretty good in my pond.

yesterday went down to the beach, 2 gafftopsail pompanos (1.3 lbs and 1.5 lbs) which ended up being food, and had a tarpon strike on my pompano rig but the hook didnt set, pity, would have been fun.

55 days till I head north to Ontario for lake trout and northern pike. 55 long, slow days.

I do a lot of kayak fishing in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I just headed out last Saturday for some freshwater and got into some largemouth bass and crappie. Tomorrow I will probably head out for some saltwater fishing. If you have never tried fishing from a kayak it is a blast!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vile Mr Bubbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do a lot of kayak fishing in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I just headed out last Saturday for some freshwater and got into some largemouth bass and crappie. Tomorrow I will probably head out for some saltwater fishing. If you have never tried fishing from a kayak it is a blast!! </div></div>

We use some 1 man creek boats down here in SE North Carolina and Eastern South Carolina, which is sort of similar to a kayak. Put an electric trolling motor on it and install some foot pedals for control and your good to go. Usually use a flat bottom aluminum jon boat in the salt water marsh, and jettys. There good for flounder gigging, or rod and real fishing, and you can set gill nets for spots with them easily also.