• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone build or willing to build an annealer

mattp8893

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
After doing some research and looking. While being in college I don't have the tools at my apartment or really the time to round up all the parts for one of the annealers like are floating around. Anyone that's already done one willing to build another? I'd be more than happy to pay you for your time I just can't swing the 400 plus for a annealeze or the like if so pm me. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've peaked my interest I could have sworn they were up there in the 400+ range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out Elfsters YouTube vids. He shows you how he built his annealer for around $100

He's apparently on the mend and should also be around here a lot more often.

I am also interested in building my own annealer. Ive seen a few rudimentary contraptions. I dont need something extremely precise, I dont compete. I just would like to extend the life of my brass, but I'd like to take it one step past a propane torch and holding the brass in my hand...

As mentioned, here's Elfster's link. From his vids it looks like he's finally able to shoot again, so none of us can begrudge his being on the range instead of the forum:

https://youtu.be/k0xE-6bSwME

there will also be some links to related vids where guys did different DIY annealers. Somewhere in there you should get the idea and be able to cobble one together

if you want to go super simple the woodchuck den annealing tip is awesome. basically a circular tip with holes in it to hear the entire circumference of the brass. use tempilaq to gague time and go to town.

http://www.woodchuckden.com

post-2670-1179791362.jpg

Just make one. Best way to learn is to jump in head first if you already have a dremmel hacksaw and drill. Parts list is in the YouTube video description link above

Check out the induction annealer thread on accurate shooter if your a diy kinda person.

Check out Elfsters YouTube vids. He shows you how he built his annealer for around $100

He's apparently on the mend and should also be around here a lot more often.

This is what I did and works great. a little less than 100 as I have a few things laying around to use.

I built one off of the youtube directions. It really does not take long and works well. Just make sure to use the 8mm motors. I got smaller ones initially, and they sagged so the feeder and roller did not run square.