• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

anyone buy a SCAR?

Ryan797

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2009
northwestern indiana
they got an fn SCAR down at my local gunshop for about 3,300. that's pretty expensive in my opinion for what it is. anyone have one to tell me if it's worth it?

Re: anyone buy a SCAR?

I was able to play with the new Bushmaster ACR today. What a great gun compared to the Scar. If you dont need to buy it right away I would wait for the Bushmaster if I were you.

Its not worth it.

Its kind of cheap. When you fire it, its like shaking a small galvanized garbage can with a loaf of bread in it. I could see it shooting very softly with slight muzzle rise full auto, but semi auto it loses that advantage, and the action just feels cheap when it goes through the recoil cycle because of it.

I was underwhealmed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badkarma85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was able to play with the new Bushmaster ACR today. What a great gun compared to the Scar. If you dont need to buy it right away I would wait for the Bushmaster if I were you. </div></div>

tell us more tell us more!!!!! Hows the ACR... dont care about the scar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a fucking insane price for any .556!!

Unless maybe a SAW...</div></div> yeah that was pretty much my feelings