• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else having issues using bitpay or other crypto wallets?

91Eunozs

The Man (Retired)
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 9, 2013
    south central Texas
    Been trying to buy some more physical gold using crypto for a week now but no joy. Have accounts at APMEX and JM Bullion, and both ostensibly take crypto, but every time it locks up during the pay phase. Confirmed my wallets are linked to bitpay.

Even ensured the VPN is turned off and cleared my cache.

Got on with an online chat earlier today at JM Bullion, but now they’re all offline for Easter weekend.

Really, really don’t want to put it on a credit card, and then pay it off w/the crypto…too many fees involved. Probably easiest at this point to just cash out, and wait for it to fund and do it via ACH/bank check.

I know… #1stworldproblems

Been trying to buy some more physical gold using crypto for a week now but no joy. Have accounts at APMEX and JM Bullion, and both ostensibly take crypto, but every time it locks up during the pay phase. Confirmed my wallets are linked to bitpay.

Even ensured the VPN is turned off and cleared my cache.

Got on with an online chat earlier today at JM Bullion, but now they’re all offline for Easter weekend.

Really, really don’t want to put it on a credit card, and then pay it off w/the crypto…too many fees involved. Probably easiest at this point to just cash out, and wait for it to fund and do it via ACH/bank check.

I know… #1stworldproblems
    Have you tried buying it from Walmart ?

What will be done with gold? Last time they made it illegal to own and collected it correct?
    What was the compliance rate?
    What was the compliance rate in the Illinois assault weapons registration requirements?
    How many body bags do they have?

What was the compliance rate?
    What was the compliance rate in the Illinois assault weapons registration requirements?
    How many body bags do they have?
    I don't know about a percentage of compliance but my grandmother told me that the "revenuers" were at banks and if you accessed your safety deposit box, they inspected to box for gold & coins.

Grandmother had an OLD leather small coin purse she said she kept in the SDB. She managed to keep a 1 gold coin they didn't get.

I don't know about a percentage of compliance but my grandmother told me that the "revenuers" were at banks and if you accessed your safety deposit box, they inspected to box for gold & coins.

Grandmother had an OLD leather small coin purse she said she kept in the SDB. She managed to keep a 1 gold coin they didn't get.
    I would love to go back and live out my life during the time your grandmother spoke of.. Maybe even go back to around 1800...
    Unfortunately we live in a much different world. We have watched big money buy politicians. Now we have governments simply buying people.
    Amazing how cheap a person will sell their soul for.

As stated in the other thread, not buying gold as an investment…I have other mechanisms for those purpose.

Buying gold as a hedge; a backstop. Gold isn’t worth more than it was a year ago, the US dollar simply buys less due to inflation; soon to be hyperinflation if we go the way every other civilization has gone in recorded history.

Regardless of why I’m buying it, getting back to the original question: “Is anyone else having issues making purchases with their crypto wallets?”

Have you tried buying it from Walmart ?

Walmart is just a pass through; their precious metals are sold through APMEX, where I already have an account. Just fewer options via Walmart.

What’s funny is that other than the “silver rounds” I bought from Silver Shield/Silver Bullet, probably 75% of all my precious metal purchases have actually been shipped from Money Metals (where I also happen to have an account)…regardless of whether I purchased it from APMEX, JM Bullion, or Money Metals.

FB_IMG_1604153211252.jpg

Reactions: 91Eunozs
    I mentioned I have other mechanisms for investing… 😎

Precious metals indeed. I’m not in Army Jerry territory, but in the words of one of my shooting group’s younger members: “There’s no statistically feasible way you outlive your ammo supply”

My investments are varied, but the ones I’m betting on to pay off the most are the time and resources for training my son and his close circle of friends, and effort I’ve put into building relationships with like-minded folk.

Yup…. Gave up trying to get the purchase to go through bitpay, and just cashed out a decent chunk on Saturday night. Funded a couple hours ago, and immediately bought more physical gold, and some silver too since I was ordering.

Bought 1oz silver ‘rounds’ this time instead of my usual Walking Liberty silver dollars.

Cross-posted from the gold thread:

IMG_6042.png

Reactions: Hobo Hilton