• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else having trouble with pictures after the recent update?

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Every pic I try to post says the file is too big, even after trimming as far as my phone will edit. Samsung S10 btw. Just started to happen today.

Last edited:
    Reactions: seansmd
    Yea I am also getting that error message as well when trying to insert gifs or pics.

they may have placed a hard size limit due to bandwidth concerns or it could be an unintended consequence of the updates.

edit: one of the developers mentioned a server migration had taken place earlier this week, hence the slowness/temp site outage. It’s likely the logic governing files on the new servers aren’t permitting anything over a certain size.

Last edited:
    Same here if I try and use an unsized pic from my phone no dice but works fine from my tablet.
    The tablet has a lower resolution camera.

Had issues with some GIFs. I assume you can host the photo/GIF somewhere else and link it but that's fucking work. The drag and drop is a beautiful thing. Frank was compelling awhile back about how many pics we post and how much storage it uses. Somebody start another donation thread so we can kick him some Christmas money and maybe he'll increase the image size.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
    Had issues with some GIFs. I assume you can host the photo/GIF somewhere else and link it but that's fucking work. The drag and drop is a beautiful thing. Frank was compelling awhile back about how many pics we post and how much storage it uses. Somebody start another donation thread so we can kick him some Christmas money and maybe he'll increase the image size.
    Links tend to expire. Look back to the earlier pages of Motivational Pics. All the hosted images are gone. The first 100 pages or so are almost empty.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
    Ya, this isn't good. Having the same damn problem and frankly a bit amazed it's not been addressed or anyone in the know giving us some info. Being able to post pics EASILY as before is kinda a big thing here.

Hope like hell it gets addressed/corrected.

Gifs are working as they always have. But Pics? We're going in the WRONG direction.......