• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Anyone else heard of a parker hale m85

TacT-MecH

The Mechanic with Tact
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
Missouri
I am about to begin reassembley of a parker hale m85. Waiting on a scope mount from europe. When I get that,
its on! Has anybody got one, or had experience with one?

Re: Anyone else heard of a parker hale m85

A very nice rifle to have....and a very capable precision rifle.

Part of the trials to replace the L42A1 after the Falklands...it lost out to the AW (but not by much apparently!!)....the rest is history.

Not sure it was ever produced in large numbers as the rights to manufacture were sold - either to the Gibbs Rifle Company (
frown.gif
) or Sabre Defence depending on where you get your info - and, sadly, nothing has been done with it since.

Never seen one in the metal - would be good to see it when you have finished your project and get a range report!

What scope will you use? A classic S&B 6x42 (the standard issue at the time) would be good to see on this.

Howdy! I have a M86 I built a while back with original parts. Where did you get your receiver? Can you post pictures? If you don't have the factory bolt stop/ejector I can help.

If you need small parts (sights, ejector/ejector housings) etc drop me a PM

wish i would have found out how to use this sight b4 i ordered 500 bux worth of stuff from norman clark. I am one of the guys with the parker hale m85. i do need a rear sight adjustment screw. I will get my gun out and check back with you. thanks

jwsubmoa-please post pics of ur m85 if you have some . I love these rifles