• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else just get the most random Leupold 'order shipped' email?

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    I have never ordered anything directly from them. The only thing I've had is some warranty work done on an older Leupold scope.

So, just now, I get an email from the legit Leupold address that says this:

TheGerman,
    Your Leupold order(s) shipped with the associated tracking numbers:

PO Number: Sales Order: (deleted the number) Cartons: 1 via UPS MI Expedited Service (Parcel Select Lightweight).

Notice to recipient: This e-mail and any attachments are for
    the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may be a
    communication subject to export control restrictions or that
    otherwise contains proprietary and confidential information.
    Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is
    strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
    please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
    copies of the original message.
    Thank you.

Soooooo......what free shit fuck up am I about to 'win'?

I have never ordered anything directly from them. The only thing I've had is some warranty work done on an older Leupold scope.

So, just now, I get an email from the legit Leupold address that says this:

TheGerman,
    Your Leupold order(s) shipped with the associated tracking numbers:

PO Number: Sales Order: (deleted the number) Cartons: 1 via UPS MI Expedited Service (Parcel Select Lightweight).

Notice to recipient: This e-mail and any attachments are for
    the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may be a
    communication subject to export control restrictions or that
    otherwise contains proprietary and confidential information.
    Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is
    strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
    please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
    copies of the original message.
    Thank you.

Soooooo......what free shit fuck up am I about to 'win'?

Scam ? Maybe they got hacked ?........

It's directly from them and in the exact format from the shipping notice I got over a year ago from the warranty work. Has my full name on it.

It's gonna be like Christmas!

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    Maybe they figured out who I was, and got sick of me pushing the MRAD and Nightforce scopes...so they sent me...a... Leupold scope?

LOL

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    It's going to be the most random thing ever.

Like a Leupold rape whistle, or a hat or a tshirt or something thats going to just make me go WTF

OK, I’ll bite........Is there any such thing as a “Leupold rape whistle” ?

(Jesus I’m stupid........I know better than ask questions that dumb.......I’m entirely at your mercy)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's a political move. The target the most controversial guy and get him pumped that he's going to win some free shit. Then they don't deliver and watch him blow up in a way that serves their larger interests. Can you do that for us?

Reactions: oneshot86
    I just checked both inboxes and even spam boxes.

Nothing, nada!

I feel left out. Someone send me an emotional rescue scope. Please!

If I don't get one, I just don't know what I'll do.

Life is so unfair!!
    #why not me?

Maybe they figured out who I was, and got sick of me pushing the MRAD and Nightforce scopes...so they sent me...a... Leupold scope?

LOL
    1540486392609.png

I just checked both inboxes and even spam boxes.

Nothing, nada!

I feel left out. Someone send me an emotional rescue scope. Please!...
    Keep an eye on the mailbox, I didn't have any new stock but this one just came in for warranty work.

1540486529560.png

Hover over the "from" field in the email. Likely as not the address is "spoofed" to look like leupold but is from somewhere else. I've gotten a few of these addressed from "Amazon." The email looks legit but it's a scam. The scammer wants you to panic and use the provided email address, web address, or phone number to call and dispute the order. "Certainly, I can help you with that sir. I just need a bit of information. Can you confirm your name, address, ssn, and dob?

Reactions: diverdon
    Did you wind up receiving anything? I just got the same email - absolutely from [email protected] - tracking number and everything, and I can see the tracking is in progress and the item is on the way. I ordered a scope from them 6+ months ago and the order is for the same item. When I log in to the account, nothing shown in order history other than my original order. Nothing out of my bank account either. Weirdest thing I've ever seen for a fairly expensive item. Will be shocked if it actually shows up.

No E mail from Leupold but I did get a tracking number for twelve Strikers .

Not Leupold, but the same message from a bullet supplier a while back. I called and they explained a software update was to blame. I was hoping I would get a batch of free bullets.

Hover over the "from" field in the email. Likely as not the address is "spoofed" to look like leupold but is from somewhere else. I've gotten a few of these addressed from "Amazon." The email looks legit but it's a scam. The scammer wants you to panic and use the provided email address, web address, or phone number to call and dispute the order. "Certainly, I can help you with that sir. I just need a bit of information. Can you confirm your name, address, ssn, and dob?

Ive gotten several of those from Amazon..."youre order is on the way" I dont bother to open them.

I remember trigger tech sent me that email for 3 diamonds I was fucking excited until they never showed up lol.

They were probably trying to contact you regarding your cars warranty...

This...they also want length and girth of your penis. Pictures help.

I had a bozo call me once saying he was calling from the Amazon fraud department and that they had received an alert that my card had been used to make a purchase in Columbus. So I called the actual Amazon and gave them his info to play with. They are devious bastards and if I wasn't so crooked myself I might not have caught it...?

I remember trigger tech sent me that email for 3 diamonds I was fucking excited until they never showed up lol.
    There is nothing like a failed pregnancy test to realize that life can include nice scopes after all.

If you clicked a link in that email? We will soon will be saying....German German what ever happened to German. Six weeks later...German: I finally got my computer working again. :)

I had one of the original Burris XTR in for warranty 7 or 8 years ago. Went through all kinds of shit. Eventually I think every person in the warranty department had packaged and shipped me a replacement scope. For a week and half another scope would show up every couple days. I sent most of them back. :sneaky:

I got the same E-mail a couple days ago, and new MK5 showed up on my porch today, but it was MOA so I tossed it in the trash can.:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Wound up receiving a camo flat bill truckers hat. 6 months + after I ordered my scope. The hat was on the original order as
    "#112 Leather Patch Camo/Khaki - Sku #172599 - Size: oneSize". Never ordered it, was just on the receipt so I thought it was literally a patch, some extra bs they would throw in with the order. Decent hat, was really hoping for another scope though