• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else miss Precision Shooting

Dan1122

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2007
Mountain City, TN
I've never been much for gun magazines but I did appreciate Precision Shooting. Sure it was benchrest heavy sometimes but it had some pretty good articles and history. I know there is a lot of good electronic information out there but it was really nice to be able to take a copy to the throne room or on the plane. Does anyone know of a good replacement?

Thanks,

Dan

The one i like i think is called High Powered Rifles... I could be wrong lol. I usually find it at the supermarket here so it's not a hard to find one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I miss it as well. That was a great publication. I also miss small caliber news. The web is killing the printed media.

As I understand it, the reason Precision Shooting died was not the web. First they split into two magazines, the good articles where half one place, half the other. Many people didnt like having to subscribe to both. Then they canceled the 2nd mag (I forget the name of it, but it was Tactical something). After that they only accepted articles that promoted their advertisers. At the same time, NRA American Rifleman started publishing better articles, and so Precision Shooting died.

I dont know any this as fact, just the way I heard it.

Yes, I miss it, wish it would come back, with the same quality articles that it always had, wouldn't even mind some re-printing of some of the really good articles (all were good, some were Extra good) they had over the years. I for one will pay for a 2 year subscription as soon as. Maybe if enough people are willing to subscribe, it will come back. I always believed there were a lot of shooters that didn't know about PS, if they had, they would have been readers. The publishers were really good people, and put out the best quality (articles and info wise) gun magazine I've ever read.

I miss it as well. That was a great publication. I also miss small caliber news. The web is killing the printed media.

Has killed. Before the internet the stories were informative and entertaining.

If you need something for the "throne room" get a i-pad, laptop, etc., and surf away.

Agree, digital media helped to eliminate it and the PS staff was full of good people. If they do return to publication I'll definitely resubscribe.
Dan