• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else think the new interface is a bad idea?

bogeybrown

0369/8531
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2012
AL
Let me preface this with the obvious acknowledgement that this is the HMFIC's house, and his show to do with as he pleases.

That being said, with the increased arrival of SJW types to the forum does anyone else see the new "link" buttons as a recipe for disaster? Obviously someone with nefarious intent could have copied and pasted a link in the past, but the ease with which someone can now just directly link any post, out of context, into the maelstrom of today's leftward-leaning social media circus is quite frankly unnerving to me.

Yeah, and the default font sizes are squinty as shit, too.

Let me preface this with the obvious acknowledgement that this is the HMFIC's house, and his show to do with as he pleases.

That being said, with the increased arrival of SJW types to the forum does anyone else see the new "link" buttons as a recipe for disaster? Obviously someone with nefarious intent could have copied and pasted a link in the past, but the ease with which someone can now just directly link any post, out of context, into the maelstrom of today's leftward-leaning social media circus is quite frankly unnerving to me.

That was my immdiate thought. Not a great idea. Maybe the bossman will give us his reasoning behind it?

My first thought was who the hell here has a FB or twitter account. But you do make a very very good point BogeyBrown.

Yeah, and the default font sizes are squinty as shit, too.

Oh thank goodness, I had to grab my stronger cheaters this morning and was worried it was just me.

Is there a way to enlarge them in settings?

Doesn't bother me in the least. Only disappointment was that with all these changes made, I was expecting a chat room/shoutbox to make a return. Oh well....

Also, will we ever be getting the shotgun section back?

Last edited:
I definitely like the new look and the font change. I think it is a big improvement.

The links don't bother me much as anyone who wanted to make trouble for us on FB could do what bogey brown said and just use copy/paste. I don't have a twitter account anyways.

I thought I saw a font/format change. Wasn't just the fortified snobby wine from Portugal.

I don't have a problem with it. Just wanted to make sure I was not hallucinating!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I can't speak to your hallucinations, however the interface did indeed change.

Maybe the boss gets a kick back from Fakebook and Tweetus for having te icons up there. Follow the $$$. Something tells me they wont get a lot of play here.

I made a Twitter account way back when it was new just so I could talk about my gaming and I think I only made like 1 or 2 tweets on that account. Facebook on the other hand I made an account just to talk to one person who was going to college at the time and had no other way to stay in contact with me until he got set up. Facebook is okay I guess. Nothing really great to write home about. Although it is fun leaving smartass comments on Frank's goofy random pics he posts there. :D

Every sense the change it's been fuck up for posting or staying logged in. Is the shit going to get fixed or not, if not just say so.

I havent had any problem there, just keep seeing the Icons.