• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone else who bought the UTG overbore Bipod surprised by its quality?

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
I bought UTG Overbore Bipod for well under $150.00 from Optics Planet with a discount coupon when the phases of the moon crossed. I didn't expect much having paid a ton for Cyke Pod, Accu-tac, Harris, and others. Well, either the UTG is a great deal, some of the bipods I've bought in the past are way overpriced or I don't know what I'm talking about. It. It's likely a mix of all three.

What did you guys think of this bipod? I don't have it on my F-Class but as a general knockabout bipod, it's at the top.

You will get no love on this site unless you say Atlas is the greatest.
Irony, I've owned an atlas and thought it was overpriced and overhyped.
Greatly prefer GG&G as a general rule.
I mentioned the other day someone had given me one of these...
And you know all you heard was crickets.
It's actually rock solid and works perfectly, the only downside is it's a bit more in the way when folded.
Light, solid, cheap...what's not to like ?

i sort of equate utg and leapers with airguns and rimfire, so not sure they are built to withstand much punishment and you can decide and report.
personally, never had an issue with the rifle tipping over on accident, but i can see why some like this over barrel option.
i think they are coming out with "premium" optics because they have such a huge airgun following and airguns are getting expensive (thousands of dollars) so shooters are more willing to pay $$$ for optics to put on them,

i sort of equate utg and leapers with airguns and rimfire, so not sure they are built to withstand much punishment and you can decide and report.
personally, never had an issue with the rifle tipping over on accident, but i can see why some like this over barrel option.
i think they are coming out with "premium" optics because they have such a huge airgun following and airguns are getting expensive (thousands of dollars) so shooters are more willing to pay $$$ for optics to put on them,
Yeah, me too but I was shocked when I got this thing. I don't know how it will hold up long term but it looks to be built as good or better, actually a lot better than some others I've paid a lot more for. There doesn't seem to be any plastic or slop in it. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: Shawn1492
You will get no love on this site unless you say Atlas is the greatest.
Look man, I know you've been on here for almost 3 months, but I think your assessment could not be further from the truth. Most PR folks I know have gone away from Atlas, and are running Ckye's, Warne's, Accu-Tac's, and a few others. I have an Atlas. I have a Harris. They work for me. I will purchase a Ckye because I like the adjustment range.

You have many, many people on this site who don't blink at spending 8k+ on their systems. Do you really think they're going to blink at spending 600.00 on the item that might be the primary implement used to suspend their system in-place, when it is not cased?

When we speak of precision shooting, companies such as UTG, Leapers, Blackhawk, etc...are just not in that same realm. Do they work? Of course. I'm sure some of them work great. The fact that they are made in China does not exude a bunch of confidence. When optics are purchased, there is always a recalcitrance that comes with those that are manufactured in China (there are some exceptions, obviously). I believe this is the same pause given by many PR shooters.

If you're just starting out, or you don't have a large budget, grab one. Run the fucking thing until the legs fall off...if they fall off ;) and then recognize you saved yourself a chunk of change by using that tool to it's limits.

I have been quite impressed with some of UTG Pro/POI gear. Seems as well made as anything else, costs less, and is designed and made in the USA.

Reactions: Shawn1492
I have an Atlas Super CAL and I love it. My old V8 is meh but the Scal is very nice. I might try this one if I find a good deal for my 22lr.

My next real bipod will definitely be a TBAC

I have used UTG since 2018 and nothing has broken yet. But I also only shoot 10-15 times a year so not really that heavy use.

I have been quite impressed with some of UTG Pro/POI gear. Seems as well made as anything else, costs less, and is designed and made in the USA.
I wish they would expand the UTG Pro line. I've got a set of the rings and they seem to be the same quality as something like Seekins.

Reactions: celltech