• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone ever have an issue with Mountain Tactical?

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    I have a Tikka T3X Tac A1…

A month ago I noiced hat Mountain TactIcal was listing billet magazines for the T3X series.

For giggles I ordered one as they had them in stock.

well it turns out they didn’t even have them produced yet… And apparently they were waiting for them to arrive. ( it seems they’re still waiting for them to arrive)

am I just unlucky or has anyone else had a problem with these guys?

I have a Tikka T3X Tac A1…

A month ago I noiced hat Mountain TactIcal was listing billet magazines for the T3X series.

For giggles I ordered one as they had them in stock.

well it turns out they didn’t even have them produced yet… And apparently they were waiting for them to arrive. ( it seems they’re still waiting for them to arrive)

am I just unlucky or has anyone else had a problem with these guys?
    I ran into something similar around Xmas. It should be against the law imo. Selling merchandise that they don’t have. I’m sure it’s normal nowadays

I attempted to contact them numerous times via email/website/phone to purchase accessories for my T3x Varmint. Never received any response. After numerous polite attempts they are obviously a trust fund baby company IMO. They don't need need revenue as managing it infringes on the recreational lifestyle they've become accustom to.

I ve ordered from the them in the past and no problems at all. Delivered on their lead times etc,.. billet mags for your tac a1?? That I’m not sure of.

Yeah, one of thr issues with the Tac has always been reliable feeding from the mags.

I’e found this dude that makes decent replacements:

…and it appeared the Mountain Tactical may have sourced something as well. However, I’m going to call the CC company and cut them off at the knees.

Reactions: 308pirate
    Ok, so I called Amex and reported them as a fraudulent seller...

I think I'm also going to call the BBB in Bozeman and see if I can find out if other people have issues.

It infuriates the crap out of me that someone would sell something they don't appear to have, then not communicate with you proactively to let you know that it's delayed or that they goofed.

From the small email exchange I had with them, it was "shipping next week" a month ago... AND THEY NEVER HAD THEM IN STOCK - they were waiting for them. ...but they were selling them on their website as "In Stock."

I guess it's one of those things where if you don't hit their knuckles with a ruler, then they'll just keep doing bad things.

I've ordered a couple bases, bottom metal, and small parts with no issues. I had a couple inquiries they never responded to but the parts always showed up.

I don't really like giving companies tax free loans...if it says in-stock and it isn't that's the last time I order from them.

Once I used AMEX terminate the order, and effectively accused MT of fraud... I got emails and calls.

Jeff, who is likely the owner, basically laid out to me that their system generates an email when the order is placed and once it ships.

They DO NOT communicate to people other than those two times!

Basically, they will never reach out to you to let you know when they don't have a product in stock, or if they've over sold, etc.

Without saying so, Jeff seemed to think the onus is on the customer to figure out where their product is, as opposed to Mountain Tactical keeping track of overdue orders and occasionally reaching out with a status.

Being a Vet myself, I feel a little bad giving him so much crap, but on the other hand I didn't cause this situation and it's not up to me to take care of MT's lack of a plan for overselling. (Especially, without a disclaimer on the website.)

It's all fine being a small business... but you still need to have decent customer service.

Reactions: Baron23
    I'm with @M4guru on this.

Call a spade a spade - if it's a pre-order, fine. Be up front about it AND the anticipated arrival date. Good practice to let folks know the status on something they pre-ordered.

If it goes out of stock before you can complete the order, it's a back order. Your system should be able to catch that, but you should notify the customer that they have back ordered something from you... and, if you didn't advertise it that way, you should offer to cancel the order.

Reactions: GBMaryland
    I ordered a mag from them for my tikka. Took 6 months for it to show up and never worked as well as a factory mag. Communications were poor, product was poor. I just chalked it up as a lesson learned. Sounds like you've learned the same lesson.

Yeah, he really didn't like me telling him that it was not up to me to keep myself appraised of the order status.

I ordered a mag from them for my tikka. Took 6 months for it to show up and never worked as well as a factory mag. Communications were poor, product was poor. I just chalked it up as a lesson learned. Sounds like you've learned the same lesson.

BTW: The TRG-22 mags seem to work better in the T3X Tac A1 variant.

Good thing you cancelled. It doesn't work for a Tac A1.

Yeah, I suspected as much, but I figured I'd see what the construction was like, etc. Besides, but nephew has a normal T3X and I was just going to give it to him if they were different.

Jeff, who is likely the owner, basically laid out to me that their system generates an email when the order is placed and once it ships.

They DO NOT communicate to people other than those two times!

Basically, they will never reach out to you to let you know when they don't have a product in stock, or if they've over sold, etc.

Without saying so, Jeff seemed to think the onus is on the customer to figure out where their product is, as opposed to Mountain Tactical keeping track of overdue orders and occasionally reaching out with a status.

BS - I paid you, you work for me and you must have customer service. Sounds like this business is doomed. Based on what I've read in this thread I'm ok with that outcome, seems appropriate.

Ok, so I called Amex and reported them as a fraudulent seller...

I think I'm also going to call the BBB in Bozeman and see if I can find out if other people have issues.

It infuriates the crap out of me that someone would sell something they don't appear to have, then not communicate with you proactively to let you know that it's delayed or that they goofed.

From the small email exchange I had with them, it was "shipping next week" a month ago... AND THEY NEVER HAD THEM IN STOCK - they were waiting for them. ...but they were selling them on their website as "In Stock."

I guess it's one of those things where if you don't hit their knuckles with a ruler, then they'll just keep doing bad things.
    Don't order anything from Optics planet then cause this is their business motto.

if you want their stuff but don't want to deal with them, brownells and i think midway carry at least some of their products...

order date: 10/23/017
    ship date: 4/25/2018

when I called them about it (I don't remember when I placed the call) I basically got the same attitude and 'why didn't you call sooner' type answer.

1628356266480.png

I have ordered either 2 or 3 times, but not had any problems.

Either the stuff was in stock and shipped immediately, or when something wasn't in stock (20 MOA rail), I was updated via email, and it shipped soon after.

I haven't ordered anything that was a preorder for something they hadn't previously produced.

I did get one of the new billet SA Tikka Mags, but it was after they announced 4 new parts (billet mags, rad brake, cheek riser, MLOC ARCA rail) and was in stock (5/29/21 order).

I will order from them again, probably when the next sale occurs.

Iv never had a problem and have also called and spoken on the phone multiple times. They are also quick to respond on social media. No excuse for not delivering but I personally wouldn’t hesitate to order again. Had a number of orders go through no problem. That said I never order backordered items. Ever.

As said above that mag would not have worked in your rifle anyways.

Yeah, I had an issue when he told me that they didn't have them in yet and they were going to be coming in. As in the listed them on the website, but hadn't gotten the parts in EVER...

If they told people that they were pre-ordering, fine! ...but that isn't what happened.

If they had reached out, and kept people up to date, fine! ...but that didn't happen either.

Amex was happy to give me my money back, and if this should happen to anyone else, I recommend you use the CC company to get your money back.

If this happen enough, they'll lose their merchant account. More than likely, that Marine will get off his but an start offering Air Force level customer service!

Bahahaahaha