• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Anyone ever hunted game in Russia?

Channelkat

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2006
WA
Just curious if anyone has been hunting out that way or had recommendations for finding/ checking up on an international outfitter. Particularly searching for reviews on the Russian Hunting Agency, but any advice from those of you experienced in fishing / hunting overseas would be appreciated.

Re: Anyone ever hunted game in Russia?

RHA has been ok in the past but as of late it is getting overrun by mafia money.

I have done Kamchatka Moose, Brown Bear, Boar, Maral and Ibuzr and it was alright but I knew a fella that got to the plane to fly into the interior and the flight attendant told him the plane was full but he would find him a seat for $500 USD. Needless to say he told the guy to get fucked and went home. The problem is that when you get into the interior there are usually 1-3 more flights and once your in the "FEE" goes up exponentially...

I ONLY fly from Alaska now and NEVER go into Moscow or St. Pete as they like to Gouge you like hell...

Snow Sheep is the next on the agenda and Marco Polo not far after.
244-1.jpg

This is not my sheep but I added it to show what I am after next..

I really wanted to do Urial in Iran but that isn't goign to happen for a while if ever and a Alti or Gobi Argali is on my list if China ever opens back up to hunting...

If this is something you really want to investigate I will give you my number and I will fill you in. BE CAREFUL as a trip like this can ruin your day in a big hurry if your not really cautious of who you talk to and what you say...

I have hunted Russia a few times and used to book clients there for Safari Expeditions Russia and Nikolai Khoklov. We had a pretty good run with bears and moose in the Siberian interior as well as Kamchatka, and Sakhalin Island. I noticed the quality of game was deteriorating (Especially Bears) and suspended bookings there for the past three seasons now.

My advice, book with someone that has a track record of credibility. Work off of actual contracts. Use an agent or hunting company and buy trip insurance to protect yourself from last minute changes in quotas and such. PM me and I will gladly call you or offer any help I can. It has always been an adventure going over there regardless. Wade

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RHA has been ok in the past but as of late it is getting overrun by mafia money.

I have done Kamchatka Moose, Brown Bear, Boar, Maral and Ibuzr and it was alright but I knew a fella that got to the plane to fly into the interior and the flight attendant told him the plane was full but he would find him a seat for $500 USD. Needless to say he told the guy to get fucked and went home. The problem is that when you get into the interior there are usually 1-3 more flights and once your in the "FEE" goes up exponentially...

I ONLY fly from Alaska now and NEVER go into Moscow or St. Pete as they like to Gouge you like hell...

Snow Sheep is the next on the agenda and Marco Polo not far after.
244-1.jpg

This is not my sheep but I added it to show what I am after next..

I really wanted to do Urial in Iran but that isn't goign to happen for a while if ever and a Alti or Gobi Argali is on my list if China ever opens back up to hunting...

If this is something you really want to investigate I will give you my number and I will fill you in. BE CAREFUL as a trip like this can ruin your day in a big hurry if your not really cautious of who you talk to and what you say... </div></div>

Did you hunt with Bob from Barneys in Anchorage, I know he books a crap load of Snow Sheep hunts.