• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone ever move before Form1/4 comes back?

dvdt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
Dallas,TX
I have a couple of Form4s and 1 Form1 that I've sent off. I now have an excellent opportunity to move into a new place. It's down the street from where I live and plan to store NFA items now so same city/state/county. Trying to do my homework before I pull that trigger.

My Form4s are coming back to my dealer. I don't think my address change will matter to them. I was planning on dropping a 5320.20 off for those items immediately after picking them up. Is that OK or do I need to send off and receive an approved 5320.20 before picking them up?

My Form1 though is causing me some heartburn. Is it possible to update my address with the ATF before getting the items back? I imagine mail forwarding won't solve that problem.

Appreciate any advice.

Re: Anyone ever move before Form1/4 comes back?

Interesting you should ask this question as I just went through this. In my case, I'm using a trust, so this might not apply of you applied as an individual and had local LEO sign off on your forms.

On my Form 4s I did nothing. Like you said, they go back to the dealer. On my Form 1 (SBR), I called BATF and asked what I should do. They actually sent my forms back to me, I changed the address (line through the old address, hand wrote my new one), and sent them back. I called a couple weeks after sending them back to confirm receipt, and they said I was all good, just waiting for my review.

Thanks for your time and reply. Sounds like that's what I'll do. Thank you!

Not sure what you'd do if you move to another state. I fought long and hard to get to TX. They're gonna have to blast me out with dynamite
smile.gif

I'm going to double check this, but I think I actually need to fax in a 5320.20 and get it back before I pick up anything on a Form4. In this game, what's another couple weeks worst case in a 6+ month process?

Moving across state lines is tricky. They probably want you to move, then resubmit the forms in your new state.