• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Anyone ever open a Gemtech?

308isgreat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2008
Milton, FL
Was curious to see if anyone has ever opened up a Gemtech M4-02 Piranha can? If you have, what did it entail?

Re: Anyone ever open a Gemtech?

I don't know of anyone who's opened one. Silvers xrayed one at one point IIRC. I don't remember if it had cones (more likely) or modified Ks, but they aren't very complex. Most good rifle cans aren't.

my buddy has one and last time i looked at it i don't think it comes apart, not 100% shure on that though. i do know that he uses a ultrasonic clearner and some special solution to clean it. if that helps

I wouldn't persue that couse, some have, the endcaps are sealed with thread locker, but at the loss of any warranty, I would advise against it. Unless you have a can that was designed to come apart, from the get go..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308isgreat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was curious to see if anyone has ever opened up a Gemtech M4-02 Piranha can? If you have, what did it entail?</div></div>
Yep, on a Negev. It entailed about 70rnds.

Someone on ARF said they opened up their Gem tech Outback II. They heated it to 300 degrees and used a strap wrench. I have an Outback II, but I am too chicken to attempt to open mine up.