• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone ever see this?

Jakeweb09

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2020
This a 25 creed barrel, with about 600 rounds down it. Used for NRL hunter matches. Kinda crap images but appears to be a crack. Starting at end of case mouth going roughly 1/4” into the rifling. Any idea what could cause it?
IMG_2928.jpeg
IMG_2926.jpeg
IMG_2929.jpeg

Can’t really tell from the pics. Maybe fire cracking?

Can’t really tell from the pics. Maybe fire cracking?
Yeah pics are a bit rough. The first and last photos are at end of case mouth, center pic is into the rifling. But it’s all the same crack, maybe 1/2” long. Firecracking is smaller cracks all over instead of one large crack like this.

Yep, that ain't fire cracking and I agree that you should send the pics to barrel manf. It sure does look like a crack in the metal, doesn't it?

Reactions: BenE
I’ll be sending those photos to manufacture for sure, shot great for first 400ish rounds. Last 200 have been marginal. Not terrible but not like it was. And that definitely wasn’t there before! I could really care less about any firecracking but I use the scope occasionally to see how a barrel is cleaning up. Just never seen anything quite like that! Im shooting this barrel in the mdt hunter match next weekend so im just hoping it holds up for that.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
I’ll be sending those photos to manufacture for sure, shot great for first 400ish rounds. Last 200 have been marginal. Not terrible but not like it was. And that definitely wasn’t there before! I could really care less about any firecracking but I use the scope occasionally to see how a barrel is cleaning up. Just never seen anything quite like that! Im shooting this barrel in the mdt hunter match next weekend so im just hoping it holds up for that.
Of course, I'm teasing. :)

Best of luck in your upcoming match and I hope everything works out to your satisfaction. 🥂

Reactions: Jakeweb09