• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Anyone ever use the S&B 10x42 PMII ??

buckey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa
Looking at possibly using this scope on my GAP .308 - Anyone have any experiece with it??

I appreciate the info!!

Re: Anyone ever use the S&B 10x42 PMII ??

Thanks Mike - Any other experiences with this scope??

I had one a short while before I went to an adjustable SB. they are really super sweet, and if I had it to do over I would have kept it and been proud of it today. I paid around 1K for mine back then.

I think I'm going to go with this scope. For some reason its calling me!!!

I had a couple, loved them but ended up saling them and moved up across the board to the 4-16x. I still have and plan on keeping my 8x42 for my short range .308 M700 for mostly field hunting. You won't be disappointed with any of the
S&B's. Best wishes.

How much windage travel are in these scopes?? I've been searching and can't seem to find how much travel this scope has.

Any help??

I finally found the answer to my above question - lots of travel to play with on this baby!!

Seems that this scope is tough to find in-stock here in the states. S&B is supposedly building them to ship, but who knows when????

13 mil elevation, with 25 moa base you gone lose 1-1.5 mil to zero at 100.( 12mil left)Perfect scope for .223, very fast, a lot of eye relief, bulletproof,...... but not enough mag for .308. IMO

Sold my USO and ordered this S&B - it will be here next Tuesday.

I can't wait to try this bad boy out!!!

Great scope...Ive got 2 of them. The parallax is fixed at 300 meters. They are very clear and tough as nails.

You wont be dissapointed!!!

I expect it to be good - just like the other 5 S&B's I own.

This is the first "tactical" style scope I bought from them. It will ride on top of my new GAP rifle when its finished.

Can't go wrong with S&B -- the large amount of vertical adjustment available on a 34mm tube is really useful.

The 10X42 PMII is a 30MM tube and they are single turn only. You will have 13 mils of travel...plus 4 more mils if you use the dots. With my .308 shooting 155 scenars at 2950 and a zero range of 160 meters that scope will get me to 1160 meters.

Buckey, What are you getting from George and the boys?

Here's my "recipe":

Templar Action = .308 caliber, spiral fluted bolt, tactical bolt knob

Bartlein barrel = #7 MTU contour, 1-11.25 twist, 22" long

Rem 40X trigger

Badger M5 DBM

McMillan A-3 = sniper fill, Dark camo, 3 studs, pillar/skim bedded

Badger 20 MOA base/rings

My first GAP - can't wait until its ready!!

Sounds like a dandy! Post up some pics and a range report when you start shooting it. Good luck!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Mike - Any other experiences with this scope?? </div></div>

Its virtually unbreakable- seriously.

I too had wondered about the S&B 10x42 but hadn't heard lot about them. Maybe down the road I'll try one out but until then I have a USO ST-10 to use.

Its arrived and I love it!!!

Simple in function and looks tough as nails. Now the wait until my new GAP is finished.